What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
People bitch incesantly about the Nrown situation (even many who also called him a handbrake, go figure, anyway ...), and ive always been a big nrown fan .... but i reckon it had a purpose to clear his aging knees from our cap and possibly keep papa ... i think most people would like that

not sure anyone here bags brown as a player. Yes he’s been referred to as the human handbrake or the brown fourth tackle settler. It’s the tactics in which he’s been made to play that’s annoying. He’s always good for his 100 plus run metres and has great line speed in d. It’s the way in which he’s played that kills momentum for our halves.

Noise

Coach
People bitch incesantly about the Nrown situation (even many who also called him a handbrake, go figure, anyway ...), and ive always been a big nrown fan .... but i reckon it had a purpose to clear his aging knees from our cap and possibly keep papa ... i think most people would like that
A pretty good source has told me that he’s been playing very busted for a couple of seasons now.

strider

Post Whore
not sure anyone here bags brown as a player. Yes he’s been referred to as the human handbrake or the brown fourth tackle settler. It’s the tactics in which he’s been made to play that’s annoying. He’s always good for his 100 plus run metres and has great line speed in d. It’s the way in which he’s played that kills momentum for our halves.
Of course they have been bagging ffs

hindy111

Post Whore
A pretty good source has told me that he’s been playing very busted for a couple of seasons now.

Would we of given him 2yrs if he had dodgie knees? I just feel he has slipped in form and maybe the new rules don't suit him.
I still would like him on the bench come finals.

gaffer

Juniors
I feel we need to wrap D.Brown up soon. I'm also happy to let Moses go for this to happen.
Yes Moses has better defense but he is still a weak link. Brown is not. I have no issue with this happening. Moses I think has a great long boot and can be dangerous running the ball. But under pressure he doesn't seem to step up and gets flustered. I dont think he will ever change.
Plus I like to prioritise Dylan based on him always being at our club. This is how you build a footy side.

Gutherson in halves could work. JA may end up better then we think or another young half may pop up.
Unsure how strong a side we would have if spent 2 mill on our halves pairing. You need balance.
goal kicking ??

strider

Post Whore
Would we of given him 2yrs if he had dodgie knees? I just feel he has slipped in form and maybe the new rules don't suit him.
I still would like him on the bench come finals.
I reckon he has got worse more recently since we re-signed him. Its apparent watching him play now.
Agree i think he could still offer a decent 10-15 mins off the bench maybe

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon he has got worse more recently since we re-signed him. Its apparent watching him play now.
Agree i think he could still offer a decent 10-15 mins off the bench maybe

He isn't going to ever be top shelf again. But guys like him are capable of 2 or 3 top shelf games still just not consistently. But in finals if he did hit those peaks it would help us a lot.

84 Baby

Referee
It's also close to time to start putting Jnr Paulo in the conversations when we talk about best ever parra jnr to play his career at the club. We all talk about Hindmarsh, Hayne, Semi in the last 25yrs. Who else? Jnr names needs to be on the same line as these guys I feel. Maybe he is the best I've seen since I have watched us.
Hayne was special but his career fizzled and went sour. Semi just didn't hang around long enough.

Dylan Brown must be signed. He may also become one of these guys.
He’s certainly the best prop we’ve produced since Tim Mannah.

I don't want to be critical as you will drop games.
But had we not lost to Dogs or Tigers we would be on 32 points and 2nd position. The rain also cost us against Brisbane. We are a dry weather team. That STONE moment against the Sharks was also 2 points thrown away. Yes these things happen but f**k we could of even been on 34 points and with Penriths halves out been fighting for the minor premiership.

And right now we could of been looking at a home final against maybe the Sharks or Cowboys.
But with 4 games to go we are actualy still a red hot chance of 2nd spot. It actualy is quite exciting.
Rain didn’t cost us against Brisbane. We were just honestly terrible.