What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Don't you need speed, agility and flexibility to be a good kicker?

Majority of 25 year olds are going to be better kickers of a ball then 50 year olds...

Of course there are exceptions to this. But when talking about giving a player a longer contract with a pay upgrade you need to be talking probabilities not possibilities.

As Moses ages it is more likely his kicking game will regress than it will remain the same or improve.

But Moses isn't going to be 50? He's going to be in his early 30's. What he supposedly loses in long range kicking he'll gain in experience.

84 Baby

Referee
Why would he do that. There’s no other player he would be interested in at parramatta.
It’s cause he’s f**ked his own cap and is hoping the rest of the comp pressures the NRL.
If the NRL raises the finger to players, he’ll be leading the strike.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My doggies are soooo f**ked for a 7. Moses gone, we are screwed. f**k Kyle Flanagan for this tho. Good job on fighting Gus off, not many can do it.
Do you really need a 7 when you have Burton? You just need a kicking game. The Storm and Sharks went alright with two five-eighths. Maybe because it adds up to ten-eighths, which is one-and-a-quarter.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Do you really need a 7 when you have Burton? You just need a kicking game. The Storm and Sharks went alright with two five-eighths. Maybe because it adds up to ten-eighths, which is one-and-a-quarter.

Whereas a 5/8 and 1/2 only equals 9/8. I think you're onto something here.

*EDIT* Dogs have only 235 first grade games of experience in their spine (if Perham does play fullback)

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Staff member
I would say his kicking will be one of the things that won’t decline, at least noticeably. I would expect him to decline in speed, strength and especially durability. His decision making should continue to improve as well.

These are generalisations that tend to hold true for a half.

Kicking is technique and timing, more than it is power or strength, so it's quite possible Moses' kicking game improves.

Decision making though is key, because that gives more time, and with a decline in speed , strength and durability having more time can compensate for those losses.

And at his age there's still plenty of room to improve decision making.

For mine that's the only real weakness in his game right now, and what separates him from the top echelon of halves.

Bandwagon

Staff member

That's two halves but with a bonus half a half!

Why hasn't someone cottoned onto this earlier?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You are investing more money in a 31 year old Moses then a 28 year old Moses.

You are gambling on the hope he will get better - when history tells us he will probably get worse.
We probably only invested a third of that in Sterlo FFS. Club spending is out of control!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Until we lose a game.
Anthony Adams Rubbing Hands | Know Your Meme