What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Another one we let go! To'o was in the system at 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats it I am jumping off the roof with you guys..

“We even played in the same under-13s team at Wentworthville. [Penrith winger] Brian To’o was also in the side. He was a centre. Haumole and I were the wingers. I’m so happy for him. ”

It was Manase Fainu who got Haumole to manly as he was his driver!

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Thats because they are getting stolen by other clubs out of Matts? is that right?

Yeah just like they are being stolen from Penrith and Cronulla.

All clubs compete with the predators that circle their juniors, the good ones however manage to identify and keep most of what/who they want. We have nothing.

Repeat...we have nothing coming through for this year and who knows when we will.

Think about that and how damning that really is for our whole setup that we can't manage to identify not even one quality 1st grader out of all that nursery that can come up and put pressure on our roster this season after a couple of similar seasons just past.

How pathetic to put it nicely. If that isn't addressed then the morons at head office should all go.

TheRam

Coach
Another one we let go! To'o was in the system at 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats it I am jumping off the roof with you guys..

“We even played in the same under-13s team at Wentworthville. [Penrith winger] Brian To’o was also in the side. He was a centre. Haumole and I were the wingers. I’m so happy for him. ”

It was Manase Fainu who got Haumole to manly as he was his driver!

Yes sorry, that's right. I got muddled up. It was Fainu. But hey, we have a great team of scouts.

Glenneel

Bench
News Corp can reveal Eels bosses want Arthur to remain at the club until at least the end of 2025 in a huge show of faith in Parramatta’s grand-final mentor ahead of Thursday night’s clash against Manly at Brookvale.

*blow
Apparently here until 2025. WTF! By the time the club finally realises that BA won't get us to the promised land there'll be no decent coaches available and we'll continue along the path to mediocrity. Maybe we can then get Ricky, another coach in a similar vein.

JokerEel

Coach

All clubs compete with the predators that circle their juniors, the good ones however manage to identify and keep most of what/who they want. We have nothing.

Repeat...we have nothing coming through for this year and who knows when we will.

Think about that and how damning that really is for our whole setup that we can't manage to identify not even one quality 1st grader out of all that nursery that can come up and put pressure on our roster this season after a couple of similar seasons just past.

How pathetic to put it nicely. If that isn't addressed then the morons at head office should all go.

Hindy111111111 has said 2025.

In Cup this week we have :
Arthur Miller-Stephen playing fullback and was in the 2019 QLD under 16s team with Mam.
Also in cup we have Moretti , Mataele , Keir, Parker that have the potential to step up. (not this year as none are in the top 30) The issue is the NSW coach is Cayless and doesnt inspire me..

We have some halves coming through in SG ball Lyn/Sanders

We have the Flegg half who is out injured - who I cant remember his name..

Not defending the club as they should have the right coaches in place to develop these players.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Apparently here until 2025. WTF! By the time the club finally realises that BA won't get us to the promised land there'll be no decent coaches available and we'll continue along the path to mediocrity. Maybe we can then get Ricky, another coach in a similar vein.
O'Brien or Maguire. Nothing surer.

JokerEel

Coach

I was taking the P155 as thats what the consensus was back in the day.

Glenneel

Bench
I agree we shouldn’t be too hasty but I’ll play devil’s advocate. Who would you get to replace him? The only viable alternatives with experience are Madge, Flanagan or Hasler.

Bellamy could be someone we could target and give him an offer he couldn’t refuse but besides him I don’t have any appetite personally for anyone else let alone a rookie.
Madge - definite NO
Hasler - maybe
Flanagan - at least his teams can tackle, big maybe

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
By opening my eyes.
With this comment you reveal a fundamentally flawed understanding of the game. You can’t possibly determine the exact quantity of specific inputs from observing the output of 80 minutes of chaos. There are too many moving parts.
it helps if you actually know anything about the game or have had anything to do with the game, rather than being a pure slave to statistical analysis.

how excited are you at the moment? The minute full time hit last Friday you must have been salivating at the thought of all the delicious contrarian fights you could have…
No you are.

Noise

Coach
I agree we shouldn’t be too hasty but I’ll play devil’s advocate. Who would you get to replace him? The only viable alternatives with experience are Madge, Flanagan or Hasler.

Bellamy could be someone we could target and give him an offer he couldn’t refuse but besides him I don’t have any appetite personally for anyone else let alone a rookie.
Hasler. As I mentioned last night he had them in the 8 before rainbow gate (not his fault) and this was while Tommy was out for the season. The season before he got them to a prelim. He got the Dogs to two grand finals before that and had premiership success at Manly prior to the Dogs.

JokerEel

Coach
Hasler. As I mentioned last night he had them in the 8 before rainbow gate (not his fault) and this was while Tommy was out for the season. The season before he got them to a prelim. He got the Dogs to two grand finals before that and had premiership success at Manly prior to the Dogs.

Hasler might be good for a year or 2 before he gets his hands over the club and destroys the cap ala Manly/Dogs.

TheRam

Coach
Hindy111111111 has said 2025.

In Cup this week we have :
Arthur Miller-Stephen playing fullback and was in the 2019 QLD under 16s team with Mam.
Also in cup we have Moretti , Mataele , Keir, Parker that have the potential to step up. (not this year as none are in the top 30) The issue is the NSW coach is Cayless and doesnt inspire me..

We have some halves coming through in SG ball Lyn/Sanders

We have the Flegg half who is out injured - who I cant remember his name..

Not defending the club as they should have the right coaches in place to develop these players.

This means nothing, since we have seen this all before. Until we start seeing results in 1st grade then all these potential 1st graders means jack all.

The last crop we touted too. Name one forward that we have held onto that is a quality first grader in our team today that came through in the last 5-7 years. Matterson what 8-9 years ago? Pretty bad isn't it?

IFR33K

Coach

Stfu ram we kept ja

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We can't even produce players to fill in as capable back ups and are having to recruit sub standard players to fill these roles.
Cini,Lumlume,Hands,Rodwell,Ogden. We should bare minimum be producing guys who are atleast good enough to be filling the spots of 20-30
It depends how much you spend.

JokerEel

Coach
This means nothing, since we have seen this all before. Until we start seeing results in 1st grade then all these potential 1st graders means jack all.

The last crop we touted too. Name one forward that we have held onto that is a quality first grader in our team today that came through in the last 5-7 years. Matterson what 8-9 years ago? Pretty bad isn't it?

We are going to see it for the rest of our days... The club has really let development go which will cause the club to go to market and spend more on the cap trying to fill holes which Juniors should be doing..

Look at how the Roosters have brought Junior forwards through recently.

We have the 3 forwards in Cup that should be in the top 30 right now and getting a taste in first grade.