What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That makes some level of sense, however do most players show what they can do at NRL level before being contracted? How would that work, they don't all get exemptions to play NRL?
I think a club makes a decision based on what they see when on 2nd tier contracts and playing reggies, etc. and then offers NRL contract based on that. Sometimes they get it right and other times they get it wrong.

rather spend on a decent middle than a couple of fringe players atm, actually I'd like both but have no idea what our cap space is

easy to say though, they don't grow on trees

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Isaac is the owner but not accredited and his employees are, I reckon he is still the greedy merkin who is pulling all the strings.

He should change his company name to Inbred Sports management, can he fit any more family members in ?
When you’re dodgy you need merkins you can trust. Contrast the Roosters inner circle with our warring factions in previous years. Even the Storm only got caught because some merkin got disgruntled and blew the whistle.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My mail is that we technically have 27 in our squad and are looking to bolster with a quality signing, not just anyone.
Hands and Mataele are not in top 30 officially but are in the 30 highest paid which makes it easier to get exemptions if needed.
Interestingly, Mataele’s profile has been added to the top squad on the official site. Not Hands though, at least yet. Lumelume is still up there too.

hindy111

Post Whore
My mail is that we technically have 27 in our squad and are looking to bolster with a quality signing, not just anyone.
Hands and Mataele are not in top 30 officially but are in the 30 highest paid which makes it easier to get exemptions if needed.

Russel is still not 110% ready and club is being cautious around his return date.

Fair enough with Russel. Is he injury prone thou? Last years injury was due to a guy kneeing him in back and puncturing was it his kidneys? Thats more a freak injury. He then played the rest of the year once he returned. And sounds like this year's Injury is only minor if he only could have missed 3-4 rounds. Where there a lot of injuries in his junior years?

Chipmunk

Coach
Nah if Papa and the hooker can sign and go all the way to the GF, then Moses can f**king stay and kick goals and do whatever else he's supposed to do. Wipe back his fringe etc.
All of the players who left made their decision very quickly and always indicated their plans to stay for that season. In my view, we obviously indicated with the money offered to them all at the time, that we chose other players to be priority over them. I don't think anyone has an issue with any of them for leaving. Also, none of them were on a lot of money.

Whereas we've offered a contract to Moses were he will be the highest paid player in the clubs history. I suspect both parties will want to separate quickly. If he isn't going to be here next season, we're better off with him going early.

Gronk

Staff member
All of the players who left made their decision very quickly and always indicated their plans to stay for that season. In my view, we obviously indicated with the money offered to them all at the time, that we chose other players to be priority over them. I don't think anyone has an issue with any of them for leaving. Also, none of them were on a lot of money.

Whereas we've offered a contract to Moses were he will be the highest paid player in the clubs history. I suspect both parties will want to separate quickly. If he isn't going to be here next season, we're better off with him going early.
On what planet would we be better off ? Why sabotage a season because you're pissed off ?