What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Was it more than Payne Haas was getting in his second year of SoO?
Given one plays for the Tigers and the other is on #BroncosDollars I’d say so.
$260k was a bargain for Stef and he has improved every year and is still a kid playing prop.
No he was poor last year, then this year he was better than that.
Only upside to go. Parra might have been able to keep him for $270K?
No chance. He isn’t that sort of player. If he keeps demanding upgrades from you he would’ve done it to us too. That’s why we let him go.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Over 3 years. There is a difference.

yeah, I was aware of that as that was the article to which I referred

at that age and ability, he wasn't worth it to us as he was a Cup player at the time

hineyrulz

Post Whore

at that age and ability, he wasn't worth it to us as he was a Cup player at the time
Yeah we didn’t need him we had Kaufusi, oh wait…….

Well we have Emu now on about a third of what Stefano is on I know who’s getting the better deal.

Stevie

Bench
He has since apologised for tweet.
Highly emotional topic for alot of people.
Don't want to get into a political/racial/religious debate but some believe he maybe correct.
He doesn't mind headlines
He apologised after someone told him he should no doubt. Don’t care where your preference lies but that political bullshit needs to be at arms length for any club.

If the bloke couldn’t play football well he’d be on social security he is a deadset dope.

Anyone wanting to use our team as a platform to push their agenda can f**k off.

Avenger

Immortal

My point is he was never on PH money. He may have thought he was as good but Haas was always on more.

TheRam

Coach
would be nice to entertain the thought they we are one of the teams looking at josh curren, maybe a swap for joffa?

I don't know what all the love for Curran is by some people here. Yes his an impact player that has a decent attacking highlight reel, but his defense at times is woeful and I mean woeful that it won't even be counted as a missed tackle because he wasn't even in position to make or attempt it when he should have been and this last season even his offensive game has slipped a level or two.

If I was in our retention and recruitment committee it's Afoa that I would be interested in. Now he is a real impact B-Palooka that for the 20-30 or so minutes we would use him would really be a handful for the opposition and maintain the rage while Junior or Gillard are having a spell and he can tackle too. In other words we wouldn't lose momentum or give the opposition a breather when either of the other two are off. Throw in a young and hopefully improving Emu and now we are really cooking up front where everything happens. I think his form has dropped off a little this past season but maybe all he really needs is a freshen up. He runs as hard as RCG and makes his tackles which is all we would need form him.

A swap with someone like Joffa would be perfect and a real upgrade for us in both attack and defense. If only we were this proactive and capable to pull something like this off. But we will be content with our current roster and do absolutely nothing other then add an ok back like Tracey to it and there in lies in my opinion the real reason for us never winning another premiership in most of our life times again.

Content in being OK. The root of all footy evil.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don't know what all the love for Curran is by some people here. Yes his an impact player that has a decent attacking highlight reel, but his defense at times is woeful and I mean woeful that it won't even be counted as a missed tackle because he wasn't even in position to make or attempt it when he should have been and this last season even his offensive game has slipped a level or two.

If I was in our retention and recruitment committee it's Afoa that I would be interested in. Now he is a real impact B-Palooka that for the 20-30 or so minutes we would use him would really be a handful for the opposition and maintain the rage while Junior or Gillard are having a spell and he can tackle too. In other words we wouldn't lose momentum or give the opposition a breather when either of the other two are off. Throw in a young and hopefully improving Emu and now we are really cooking up front where everything happens. I think his form has dropped off a little this past season but maybe all he really needs is a freshen up. He runs as hard as RCG and makes his tackles which is all we would need form him.

A swap with someone like Joffa would be perfect and a real upgrade for us in both attack and defense. If only we were this proactive and capable to pull something like this off. But we will be content with our current roster and do absolutely nothing other then add an ok back like Tracey to it and there in lies in my opinion the real reason for us never winning another premiership in most of our life times again.

Curran is a Hills Bulls junior.

Would be the main link.

He is the surplus to our needs atm we need outside backs not another forward.

Happy MEel

First Grade

Hey mate,
I agree with all of this except for the Connor Tracey part. I reckon he is class and would be an excellent pick up for us. Another outside back for the wing and I think we’d be looking in pretty good shape for 24.