What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
well if you ask Bellyache he'll probably challenge you on that theory, there were at least 3 very Un-Melbourne performance's including the prelim against Penrith.
Was it effort or they just aren't the side they were??? On paper they shouldn't of got near a Prelim, their pack is bog average and without paps they lacked a spark.

TheRam

Coach
You can tell after 5 mins if we are in the game or not.

The intensity of how the other team rolls down the field in the first 2-3 sets with our D is normally a good indicator.

I also reckon the first time the opposition teams gets a shot at our tryline and how we defend it as well.

Generally feel if we survive the opposition's first wave at us we should be okay and win

Not necessarily, We are a basket case during games at anytime too. From one minute world beaters to the next absolute chumps.

We go in and out of games minute by minute. Generally the only time we are dominant for most of the game is when the opposition totally turn it up and have no real fight in them.

The Colonel

Immortal
I’m clearly in the minority in thinking the Dogs are a very healthy top 8 next year. I just can’t see how they can’t be. I bloody hope they don’t make the 8 but think they’ll go very well as they just have plenty of good players.
They have an "80 minute" hooker who struggles to play 80 minutes. No recognised halfback. Burton is a good player but a much better centre than he is a 5/8 outside of his enormous bombs. They have no recognised fullback - Crichton will need some time. They have absolutely no front row unless they somehow manage to land AFB. They will improve but the purchase of the multitude of utility players is to paper over the glaringly obvious issues they have in their spine and forward pack and they will have very little continuity if they shuffle players as regularly as they did last year.

They will improve, but not as far as the Top 8.

Incorrect

Coach
I also reckon the first time the opposition teams gets a shot at our tryline and how we defend it as well.
This... Round 2 season 2023 v the Sharks at Parra Stadium. Watching the first 10 minutes, we looked "on".... But as soon as the Sharks got an even share of posession, they were rolling up the middle at will and our defence was paper thin on the edges.

King-Gutho94

Coach
This... Round 2 season 2023 v the Sharks at Parra Stadium. Watching the first 10 minutes, we looked "on".... But as soon as the Sharks got an even share of posession, they were rolling up the middle at will and our defence was paper thin on the edges.
We can thank the bunker for that one.

Jirah came on to replace Gutho for a HIA check which was BS. Within 15 mins it was completely different game

1701228526488.png

1701228548946.png

84 Baby

Referee
Was it effort or they just aren't the side they were??? On paper they shouldn't of got near a Prelim, their pack is bog average and without paps they lacked a spark.
moving-goalpost.gif

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm not moving anything Pou light, i said they are never beat on effort and i maintain it. Their pack is pretty average these days and when you lose the arm wrestle it's hard to stay in the contest. Especially against a side like Penrith.

84 Baby

Referee
I'm not moving anything Pou light, i said they are never beat on effort and i maintain it. Their pack is pretty average these days and when you lose the arm wrestle it's hard to stay in the contest. Especially against a side like Penrith.
moving-goalpost.gif

The Colonel

Immortal
A Bulldogs mate of mine is very very concerned with their pack.

as it stands right now their frontrow is Max King, Mahoney and Liam Knight.

Particularly given that Kikau hides out in the centres in both attack and defense they are struggling big time with only the young bloke in Preston that gets through a mountain of work outside of Mahoney. King and Knight are decent players but hardly starting forwards - Curran is a decent pick up but is injury prone as well but hardly a prop.

TheRam

Coach
Particularly given that Kikau hides out in the centres in both attack and defense they are struggling big time with only the young bloke in Preston that gets through a mountain of work outside of Mahoney. King and Knight are decent players but hardly starting forwards - Curran is a decent pick up but is injury prone as well but hardly a prop.

Or a great defender.