What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
Maybe I'm missing something.

Soren's post was about 1 hooker at a time. And apparently that has something to do with being 7 mins away and our recrtuitment and retention committee and BA banging thier ears off ?

What's the connection ?
Depends on how you interpret hooker.

JokerEel

Coach
I don't know what's going on above but.

Does Channel Nine actually give a rat's about the NRL?

Foxtel is pushing this Vegas round like crazy got all their media team over in Vegas

Nine send their sideline reporters across and the play by play commentator is apparently doing it from Australia. They aren't even showing the first game of the season 🤦🏼

Pazza

First Grade

Foxtel is pushing this Vegas round like crazy got all their media team over in Vegas

Nine send their sideline reporters across and the play by play commentator is apparently doing it from Australia. They aren't even showing the first game of the season 🤦🏼

Nine has always done a poor job promoting the game.

Parra Pride

Referee

Soren's post was about 1 hooker at a time. And apparently that has something to do with being 7 mins away and our recrtuitment and retention committee and BA banging thier ears off ?

What's the connection ?
I assume he’s bragging about his stamina and making a joke about only being able to see one hooker in the seven minute drive between home and work before the wife gets suspicious. For someone like me though I could run through the entirety of Sefton playhouse in seven minutes and still be home in time for dinner.

Rocket man

Juniors

I don't think they're allowed to show it.
They would of got an extra game to televise.
Fox pay to televise all games.
They were whining about being left out.
Trying to put pressure on the NRL.

oldmancraigy

Coach

What's the connection ?

You probably just couldn't see the post that made the connection because of the massive ad - which covers posts and can't be closed!!

Soto

Bench
I have fox so I don't care but rugba leeg should've been the winner here. The NRL should've said let's get maximum exposure here and let both networks show these 2 games. The build up has actually been pretty good and normally I don't give 2 f's if parra isn't involved...so kudos to those involved in getting this going

emjaycee

Coach
I have fox so I don't care but rugba leeg should've been the winner here. The NRL should've said let's get maximum exposure here and let both networks show these 2 games. The build up has actually been pretty good and normally I don't give 2 f's if parra isn't involved...so kudos to those involved in getting this going
Why do channel 9 viewers need increased exposure to RL?

JokerEel

Coach
I don't think they're allowed to show it.
They would of got an extra game to televise.
Fox pay to televise all games.
They were whining about being left out.
Trying to put pressure on the NRL.

Not sure how that deal was done the first game of the year is usually on a Thursday and shown on nine.

I bet they had the option to show it but had to pay which they didn't want to.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Potato Head might finally be seeing some sense after all. We will wait and see.
He's used two dummy halves plenty of times. It's not like it's a brand new concept to him. As soon as Casey McGuire was available in 2012 he came straight onto the bench. But that points to why a club might not use two hookers in the 17. If you've only got one genuine first grader there's no value in sticking a reserve grader with no utility value on the bench. In 2015 and 2016 we carried a hooker on the bench whenever we had one available. In the years after that we never had more than one first grade hooker. In 2018 we didn't have any.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Interesting if true.

I was keen on Averillo when the dogs didn't want him with his versatility. But if he can't make the Dolphins 17 maybe there is something I am not seeing.
His tackle effectiveness has declined for three straight years. It might be related to that. I'm not saying that's the reason he hasn't/won't make the Dolphins 17. They obviously knew about it before he signed. But maybe it points to something else holding him back. Maybe he has turned into a weak gutted dog (person) reluctant to put his body in front of attackers?