What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don't know what's going on above but.

Does Channel Nine actually give a rat's about the NRL?

Foxtel is pushing this Vegas round like crazy got all their media team over in Vegas

Nine send their sideline reporters across and the play by play commentator is apparently doing it from Australia. They aren't even showing the first game of the season 🤦🏼
They have the shits because Fox have the 1st game exclusive.

Channel 9 have treated rugby league like garbage for years. Will never be the same since sterlo left. Sterlo was the only reason I watch the coverage was parra on in his last few years as his opinion generally had weight.

How long did they have the 4pm Sunday on delay. And have to sit through ads and the old 2nd Friday night game didn't finish to midnight because there was just as much time spent on ads as on the field.

Throw in Joey, Freddy, Gus covering the games atm it's unwatchable.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You probably just couldn't see the post that made the connection because of the massive ad - which covers posts and can't be closed!!

If you're having an issue with adds blocking the forum content, could you please post it here

And please provide your device, platform and screenshot if possible ?

That way we can do somthing about it.

lucablight

First Grade
My post about what it would mean for Papenhuyzen’s future since Fa’alogo re-signed with the Storm was deleted because it didn’t have a source so here is the source

Glenneel

Bench
Nine has always done a poor job promoting the game.
What do you expect from an organisation that has a long term contract and screwed NRL with covid for longer, cheaper contract to having rabs call matches about 10 years after he should have been pensioned off, and has constant love affair with Broncos ensuring they have regular friday slot. Seven did WC several years ago and did much better job. About time another channel got the contract imo.

JokerEel

Coach
My post about what it would mean for Papenhuyzen’s future since Fa’alogo re-signed with the Storm was deleted because it didn’t have a source so here is the source

Ffs now I have to repost about Gutho moving to Hooker!

Rocket man

Juniors
Not sure how that deal was done the first game of the year is usually on a Thursday and shown on nine.

I bet they had the option to show it but had to pay which they didn't want to.
I think Fox would of had a say in nine being allowed to televise Sundays games.
Remember Nine won't allow Fox to televise State of Origin or the Grand Final live.
Tit for Tat

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think Fox would of had a say in nine being allowed to televise Sundays games.
Remember Nine won't allow Fox to televise State of Origin or the Grand Final live.
Tit for Tat
I may be wrong but isn't the GF & Origin on 9 have to do with the Anti-siphoning laws that it must be on FTA. And channel 9 have no incentive to give up those exclusive rights to share the broadcast unless they will be heavily compensated for it.

Rocket man

Juniors
I may be wrong but isn't the GF & Origin on 9 have to do with the Anti-siphoning laws that it must be on FTA. And channel 9 have no incentive to give up those exclusive rights to share the broadcast unless they will be heavily compensated for it.
I think your correct.

Stevie

Bench
Small update:

We are close to signing an outside back. Name was not provided.

Harper will be selected in the centres and Simonsson on the wing to replace the suspended, Sivo.
Ok I’ll bite. Name not provided but anything else? Is an elite back? Is it a genuine first grader or is it another fringe first grader?