What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
To be fair - they are significant losses.

Easily our 2 best players.

Yes. But Penrith win without Nathan
Storm did fine without Papenhauzen last year and Munster the first 5 games.
Brisbane do ok without Reynolds or Walsh or Eszra.
Knights won without Ponga.
A performance like the one against Manly missing Moses is fine.
The losses to Tigers,Fins and Canberra are inexcusable.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yes. But Penrith win without Nathan
Storm did fine without Papenhauzen last year and Munster the first 5 games.
Brisbane do ok without Reynolds or Walsh or Eszra.
Knights won without Ponga.
A performance like the one against Manly missing Moses is fine.
The losses to Tigers,Fins and Canberra are inexcusable.
Yep its our defence which is the problem and systems we have in place.

Moses and Gutho are our best players but you cant tell me we are a 18-24 point better defensive side with Moses playing. Were getting lapped by 40 by middle of the road sides.

When your guns are out the go-to for those sides is grind and defend there way to a win.

When was the last time a BA-coached side won a game on Defence.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yep its our defence which is the problem and systems we have in place.

Moses and Gutho are our best players but you cant tell me we are a 18-24 point better defensive side with Moses playing. Were getting lapped by 40 by middle of the road sides.

When your guns are out the go-to for those sides is grind and defend there way to a win.

When was the last time a BA-coached side won a game on Defence.
I guess never. Am i close?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

I like him but he recently got dropped to lift his work rate I'm guessing, as he was quiet against the Fins

I guess one way to get him to lift his rate is to play him at FB, he's got tons of experience.

I cant' see Blaize being ready after his game in Cup, he didn't do much.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I guess never. Am i close?
Not sure about never.

But i reckon maybe a couple of times we beat Melbourne during Covid we built the win off our defence.

The one in the wet that night at Commbank and there was a game at Suncorp when the Storm were on a 18 or 19 game winning streak and we pulled one of those plucky performances out of our arse when Lussick was actually in some decent form.

Few and Far between though that's the disappointing thing.

lingard

Coach
Id be flabbergasted if that occurs. My preference would be to promote Russell to 1 and play Cini on Sivos wing but thats no chance. Most likely Sivo will stay and Talagi at 1. Should that happen it will be The GGs by 100.
Whatever...... ya cant say its not exciting.
Simmo to fullback. I wouldn't put Russell anywhere near there. Fact is, though, it doesn't really matter now.