What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I did, and I stand by it. I don’t give a shit about finishing runner up and I don’t think anyone else should either. Three failures in my life time with zero success, I’m done with accepting mediocrity and thinking to myself ‘we will get it next time!’ because when next time rolls around we f**k it up again.
I’ve seen enough preliminary finals losses that I’m stoked when we win one. So yes I do enjoy making grand finals, regardless of the result.

eels_fan

First Grade
Internally, there has been talk at the Eels about a succession plan for Gutherson at fullback. Talagi is an option, although there are no guarantees he will be at the club beyond this season. The talented teen has an option in his contract that he can trigger should he choose to do so, although he will undoubtedly allow it to lapse, knowing it represents a payday below his market value.

His manager has been in discussions with the Eels about a more palatable deal, but they haven’t been able to find a landing point yet. Rival clubs are watching the situation with interest.

It is a tricky situation for Parramatta. Talagi is keen to prove himself at fullback, while the club is mindful of not throwing him in before he is ready. It’s a similar balance they’ve tried to strike with Ethan Sanders.

So who will be the fullback? Captain? Goalkicker?

When colleague Christian Nicolussi put those questions to Arthur, his response was: “I’ll leave that in the too-hard basket for a few days.”

King-Gutho94

Coach
Now we have a 19 year old kid who has shown absolutely nothing against men holding us to ransom. The people running the club and making footballing decisions are absolutely clueless.
The club are absolute muppets who offered the PO.

Who gives a 18 year old a PO before a FG game.

Its tail wagging the dog stuff and downright amateur hour stuff & embarrassing.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Internally, there has been talk at the Eels about a succession plan for Gutherson at fullback. Talagi is an option, although there are no guarantees he will be at the club beyond this season. The talented teen has an option in his contract that he can trigger should he choose to do so, although he will undoubtedly allow it to lapse, knowing it represents a payday below his market value.

His manager has been in discussions with the Eels about a more palatable deal, but they haven’t been able to find a landing point yet. Rival clubs are watching the situation with interest.

It is a tricky situation for Parramatta. Talagi is keen to prove himself at fullback, while the club is mindful of not throwing him in before he is ready. It’s a similar balance they’ve tried to strike with Ethan Sanders.

When colleague Christian Nicolussi put those questions to Arthur, his response was: “I’ll leave that in the too-hard basket for a few days.”

From the link above

1714521081539.png

The Predictor

Juniors
T

WTF already thrown him in without being ready

Wally21

Bench
What’s the problem with a PO at below market value? Where’s the risk? You’re just looking for stuff to be upset about.
Why would you offer the player the option to accept the lower market value? You sign them for the low market value for as long as possible, not leave it chance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why would you offer the player the option to accept the lower market value? You sign them for the low market value for as long as possible, not leave it chance.
Well the player has to agree to it in the first instance. In this case the player wouldn’t have wanted to sign for the second year at f**k all in case he was killing it before the end of the first year. One year with player option is the compromise between a one and two year contract. Player managers won’t let talented youngsters sign long contracts at minimum salary any more because it removes their potential of a big pay day.