What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Th

The player has to want to move on.
If the player digs his heels in he is staying for the remainder of his contract.

Sure some players may/will but the better run clubs make things happen and don't put everything in the to hard basket.

TheRam

Coach
Can't understand why we didn't put in an offer to Turuva. He can play wing centre and fullback. Hello!!!

Also from what I heard he opted for the Tigers over the Dragons for less money because he wanted to be closer to home. So you would think he would have looked at us more favourably then the Tigers, right?

He could have been an awesome signing that doesn't break the bank and would not be always looking to leave for more money unlesss someone was prepared to offer him some over the top ridiculous amount which would be very unlikely for a great 1st grader but hardly a superstar type if you know what I mean.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Also from what I heard he opted for the Tigers over the Dragons for less money because he wanted to be closer to home. So you would think he would have looked at us more favourably then the Tigers, right?

He could have been an awesome signing that doesn't break the bank and would not be always looking to leave for more money unlesss someone was prepared to offer him some over the top ridiculous amount which would be very unlikely for a great 1st grader but hardly a superstar type if you know what I mean.
Our R&R were probably too busy patting themselves on the back for signing Lomax to look anywhere else.

King-Gutho94

Coach
View attachment 87707

Remember the club did the right thing..

Also who the f**k is Kalache? Another astute signing from the club for 2023 Dev contract yes though you could have used that for anyone else
What a disgrace Steve Murphy doesn't have a wikipedia page set up for him yet.

One of the longest serving assistant's in our game and the poor bastard has no wiki page created for him.

84 Baby

Referee
I would if MON be immediately on the phone to Tristan Sailors manager and get him to parra asap.
Left out of the 17.
He's a very good player. He should be our fullback...even when Guth returns..
I have his dads #...I should message him 😀
If memory serves me correct, we were looking at him just before his legal dramas and went cold of course when they hit. As much as it’s thrown around, this is just unlucky for us.

What isn’t just unlucky is that was 2020 is who between then and presumably Talagi/Lomax covered what we considering Sailor for? Surely not Simonsson

JokerEel

Coach

But hey we still have Sivo on the same amount of money why are you not happy ffs!!!!

On the podcast the other day Troy Warner mentioned he spoke with Tauruva and we didn't even make contact .

Club did the right thing guys

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But hey we still have Sivo on the same amount of money why are you not happy ffs!!!!

On the podcast the other day Troy Warner mentioned he spoke with Tauruva and we didn't even make contact .

Club did the right thing guys
We had one starting backline contract available and we gave it to Lomax. Do you understand how the salary cap works? You might not like our starters, but their existing contracts prevent us replacing them. It’s not enough to drop them to reserve grade. Their contracts take up space in the cap that can’t be used to sign better players.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah it’s not a case of we need to go out and sign this star or that. What we should have already done is shored up our development, because what we do need, in order to sign those stars, is shed the unproductive cap we already have.
Similar to what Smugs did years ago.
But it appears more and more likely that our development is relative garbage and so if we shed our current top players we’ll wind up more like Tigers.
Maybe I’m wrong and the likes of Talagi, Guymer, Tuivati, Mrthur can step up without having their potentials destroyed, meaning we can release our current “stars”

JokerEel

Coach
We had one starting backline contract available and we gave it to Lomax. Do you understand how the salary cap works? You might not like our starters, but their existing contracts prevent us replacing them. It’s not enough to drop them to reserve grade. Their contracts take up space in the cap that can’t be used to sign better players.

In the end the club did the right thing .

Sitting pretty in 12th

But hey someone has to come 12th

Latest posts