What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
I have zero interest in that merkin. He won a comp with a gem roster and did great with an on fire NZ squad.

Awesome.

But when his Souths team found themselves in the doldrums or he got his mitts on the shitty West Tigers squad, he did f**k all. Was incapable of extracting inspirational efforts or converting cheapie squad players into great players.

He is an uninspiring choice. Should have kept BA.
Lol is all I can say to this. BAs days were truly done and dusted. Our conservative board knew from 1st of May this isn't working and won't work into the future.
The fact we were getting reamed hard especially in the 2nd halves was the last straw...
.Dolphins, Manly, Broncos and storm shows the board did the right thing.
I disagree Madge is not a better coach than BA.
I don't think you get to coach NZ and NSW if ur a shit coach.
Madge is a disciplinarian. His teams are fit.
His roster with Tigers was garbage.
At Souths he was there too long. Classic case of BA here.
Payten as @hineyrulz alluded to has shit defence the past 18 months.
Winning is about defence and attitude to it.
I don't give a f%$^ if Madge or whoever it is sprays the players if that's how they are to get the message through...these guys are paid to be physical and play footy and not be worried about a few choice words from their coach.
Parra can attack...they can't defend..
Our defence has been putrid for quite a few years now..
Soft underbelly...

So they're a mega-corporation, doing mega-corporation things, then?

I don't care how they elect to do their business - this is a huge deal for the Eels.

Well, that's how you choose to live your life and that's fine. Not all mega-corporations engage in this level of stuff though. A football team is a football team. People's lives are a different matter, and I value them more highly.

JokerEel

Coach
Raiders favourites to sign Tamale from the Dragons...

They are really stocking up on Juniors from other clubs!

Also thought Dragons were going to promote him when Lomax left

Incorrect

Coach
Well, that's how you choose to live your life and that's fine. Not all mega-corporations engage in this level of stuff though. A football team is a football team. People's lives are a different matter, and I value them more highly.
We were season ticket holders from 1987 onwards and I vividly remember my dad cutting the James Hardie logo off the end of the car sticker that came with our season ticket paraphernalia one year and I asked him why he was doing that, I was like 11 years old, and he explained that he was not going to be a mobile advertisement for a company that had a seeming disregard and denial about their role in some shit stuff....

Always stuck with me.

The Predictor

Juniors
H
Madge on big sports breakfast this morning was asked about Parra job. Just gave stock answer , only focused on NSW Blues at the moment that's my focus.
He is a carbon copy of Brad, definitely a hard no for me!!!T
If he breaks his contract with NSW to coach us after basically doing that to NZ to take up the NSW job he will not look like a man of his word.

If he does it and fails with us, his coaching credentials will suffer significantly and because he has burnt his bridges at state and national level he may be forced into early retirement.

I've always thought that he comes across as a bit dopey and over the top. He has never impressed me with his communication, appeared that he had anger management issues. Tales of Tigertown gave the public plenty of ammunition to agree with this assertion.
Tiger Tales did him no favours, made Brad look like an aristocrat

hindy111

Post Whore
We were season ticket holders from 1987 onwards and I vividly remember my dad cutting the James Hardie logo off the end of the car sticker that came with our season ticket paraphernalia one year and I asked him why he was doing that, I was like 11 years old, and he explained that he was not going to be a mobile advertisement for a company that had a seeming disregard and denial about their role in some shit stuff....

Always stuck with me.

Yes they shafted their workers. Obviously knowing it was dangerous but to far in.
The thing is I guess not one of the people who worked there now would probably still be part of management would they or very few.

eel01s

Bench
Unfortunately that is true. Not a great look for our sponsors. From dodgy builders to the company that dodged its obligations in Australia.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Im on the fence about the JH sponsorship.
Sure, big company worldwide, and you cant turn down money as a sporting team.
But f**k me, their name is mud to most Australians.
I asked a friend, who is only a fringe league fan, yesterday what the name james hardie means. Asbestos.

I asked my partner what she thought of James Hardie and she said she can’t recall any movies hes done..

Latest posts