What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
My opinion is fine. Thanks

The scenario I’m painting is the reality where currently the benefit is with those with options. We’ve used up our side of the benefit.

True so where in lies the advantage other than in the 2 scenarios I stated?

We are running fine. Now with Moses and Guth back the finals charge is on.
Clubs doing wonderfully things.

84 Baby

Referee
How is the benefit currently with the option holders ? To know that you would need to know the terms of the option; the consideration of the next contract tranche, the window dates for exercise of option and perhaps other bespoke clauses.
The advantage is always with the option holder because they decide whether the option triggers or not regardless of whatever other terms are in it. They may be mitigating terms for the other party, but that’s mitigation, not benefit.

So now you were “just asking the question” were you? Classic backpedal from the forum’s clown prince of backpedaling.
There was always a question mark at the end of my opinion that you quoted, and then - for troll reasons only beknown to you - tried to suggest was posted as a fact...

You're so tied up in your endless circular trolling I bet you can't remember what opinion it was that you quoted and tried to score a point over - in your haste to troll, you didn't even indicate whether you agreed or disagreed, or offer an alternative viewpoint.

Gronk

Staff member
The advantage is always with the option holder because they decide whether the option triggers or not regardless of whatever other terms are in it. They may be mitigating terms for the other party, but that’s mitigation, not benefit.
No, you totally ignored my last post. You cannot make blanket statements about options unless you have intimate knowledge of the terms of each contract. These are not proforma documents with mirrored terms.

If I entertain your generalisation for a moment, why would Storm offer Harry Grant a player option or Roosters with The Cheese ? I I apply the same conclusions without actual knowledge of the contracts, then it must be the case that the Storm and Roosters are fools and have been bent over.

The answer really with all contract negotiations, whether they contain opinions or otherwise , is that the club will hold the cards IF they remain competitive and a desirable club for the best players. Players want a good environment, the chance to play rep footy and win a comp. Ultimately they will sign for less.

Have we slipped from the mantle since 2022, yes however we just signed Lomax, so that suggests that we are still a super model (who maybe just needs to hit the gym).

I totally get your view that the benefit has swayed away from us, however if that is indeed true, it is very fixable.

emjaycee

Coach
It can be good for mental health when a kid stands up to the playground bully or troll.... perhaps not good for the original bully or troll's mental health though?
And don't forget it is good for the rest of the kids in the playground when they have a white knight who will follow the bully all around the playground, making sure that he (the white knight) interjects in every engagement the bully has, if only to remind him that he is a bully, right?

84 Baby

Referee
No, you totally ignored my last post. You cannot make blanket statements about options unless you have intimate knowledge of the terms of each contract. These are not proforma documents with mirrored terms.

If I entertain your generalisation for a moment, why would Storm offer Harry Grant a player option or Roosters with The Cheese ? I I apply the same conclusions without actual knowledge of the contracts, then it must be the case that the Storm and Roosters are fools and have been bent over.

The answer really with all contract negotiations, whether they contain opinions or otherwise , is that the club will hold the cards IF they remain competitive and a desirable club for the best players. Players want a good environment, the chance to play rep footy and win a comp. Ultimately they will sign for less.

Have we slipped from the mantle since 2022, yes however we just signed Lomax, so that suggests that we are still a super model (who maybe just needs to hit the gym).

I totally get your view that the benefit has swayed away from us, however if that is indeed true, it is very fixable.
No you totally ignored the bit where I said we’ve used up our benefit. The reason why Scums or us or anyone gives the options, as Pou will tell you, is to push the risk down the line to get a greater benefit now.
Is it fixable? Yes but my concern from the start was lack of forethought from the club to have contingency in place for when all these options start coming up.
Do you forget the media shit show when Moses, Gutho, Brown, RCG were off contract?

King-Gutho94

Coach
FMD this is escalating quickly. We’re going to have to hold the coach hunt up while this is investigated.
FFS

Maybe we should get our club mascot on here Gronk to investigate and lecture the culprits involved its a downright disgrace anyone would do anything to Sparkles or Sparky.

Parramatta's mascots are Sparky and Sparkles, and according to the Eels website "are always proud of the boys' efforts on the field".

1718670941193.png

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You already said the benefit is at the time the contract is agreed/signed.