What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
@Avenger I saw your comments on the TCT page. It's laughable that they should be advocating the solution they are without addressing the MON issue. I'm off them a bit.
Yep , a joke of a solution. 60s is a dope. His solution means he’s happy for Mitch to leave. And instead of getting better at dealing with tough agents he thinks the best solution is to run away from them. Absolute soft merkin attitude.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep , a joke of a solution. 60s is a dope. His solution means he’s happy for Mitch to leave then. And instead of getting better at dealing with tough agents he thinks the best solution is to run away from them. Absolute soft merkin attitude.
It’s what he does best, runs away from tough questions or anyone with a difference of opinion. Massive coward.

Gronk

Staff member
Quality sarcasm Gronkles.
giphy.gif

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yep, we need to fix a few things up, but gee I don't think losing 3 promising juniors is the end of the world....there are 3 different circumstances surrounding each, and just unfortunate they happened all together and eels sells papers:

- Ethan, we were never going to match the Raiders offer. There was no pathway at the eels
- MA, was never staying after his dad was sacked.
- Blaize, yep no denying this one hurts and we desperately wanted to keep him. But how do you knock back the panthers. Not sure we could do much more. Shit happens.

Quite possible this time next year, Pensini junior, is our next promising junior and it's all forgotten.

In Ryles we trust
Coming off an ACL the expectations for Penisini 2.0 are going to have be measured.

Anyone thinking he will waltz in and be a gun from day dot are kidding themselves.

The injury has probably set everything back 12 months and not getting the chance play against men and used to 24 weeks of rugby league grind in a season.

hindy111

Post Whore
Then stop complaining. Looks like our problem was coaching, not recruitment and retention. Problem solved!

I told you problem 2yrs ago.We had to let it blow up in 2023. 2022 was our final year with this side for a window
Signing Lane,Matto,Jnr,Guth on long deals and letting youg kids like Mooney, Stefano,Hughes,Papali'i, Marata, Reed go instead.
Anyhows bow we suffer from BAs recruits. Let's not pretend he didn't want these guys. That's denial and complete bullshit.

Now we pay the price

yy_cheng

Coach
I told you problem 2yrs ago.We had to let it blow up in 2023. 2022 was our final year with this side for a window
Signing Lane,Matto,Jnr,Guth on long deals and letting youg kids like Mooney, Stefano,Hughes,Papali'i, Marata, Reed go instead.
Anyhows bow we suffer from BAs recruits. Let's not pretend he didn't want these guys. That's denial and complete bullshit.

Now we pay the price
Exactly, it was the Strategy BA and the Front Office adopted for that short 2 year window.

It failed and now we are in a mess. It was a punt that went bad

King-Gutho94

Coach
But I have no idea how a "junior" contract works, compared to an "NRL" contract. Can they be broken easily? Can other clubs talk to them? No sure.
Well i know at Parramatta if your manager asks nicely you get a PO included in the deal that can give you an exit strategy if things ain't going so good at that particular time.

Ryda Talagi supposedly has a PO at 16 years age so its pretty easy where you can get out of a contract if your manager is clever.

hindy111

Post Whore
Exactly, it was the Strategy BA and the Front Office adopted for that short 2 year window.

It failed and now we are in a mess. It was a punt that went bad

But the Storm gave Harry Grant a PO. Why shouldn't we give lazy inconsistent merkins them also. It's the same isn't it. Hmmmmm

EelEtric

Juniors

Now we pay the price
You cannot include Stefano, Hughes and Marata in your list of who we "let go".
Stefano had personal reasons in relation to how his family thought we treated his brother, Marata wanted to take his young family back to NZ and Hughes had some health issues and basically stepped away from the game.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well i know at Parramatta if your manager asks nicely you get a PO included in the deal that can give you an exit strategy if things ain't going so good at that particular time.

Ryda Talagi supposedly has a PO at 16 years age so its pretty easy where you can get out of a contract if your manager is clever.

Hearing he is a real talent. Panthers are liking their lips

hindy111

Post Whore
You cannot include Stefano, Hughes and Marata in your list of who we "let go".
Stefano had personal reasons in relation to how his family thought we treated his brother, Marata wanted to take his young family back to NZ and Hughes had some health issues and basically stepped away from the game.

Ok fair enough. Anyhows not all is lost. I still think if we find a hoooker, fullback and 2nd rower we will push for finals

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Coming off an ACL the expectations for Penisini 2.0 are going to have be measured.

Anyone thinking he will waltz in and be a gun from day dot are kidding themselves.

The injury has probably set everything back 12 months and not getting the chance play against men and used to 24 weeks of rugby league grind in a season.
100% agree, wouldn't be surprised if he starts in flegg. But is young, so getting back to his best won't be as difficult (assuming no infection) plus has had the benefit of a good 14 or so months to rehab it before his first game.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Stefano has walked out on the tigers who were offering him close to 900k a season.

I think we can no longer fret about losing him 4 years ago.

The blokes an overrated mercenary who Freddy had a hard-on for and gave him an origin game then dumped him for a dead rubber.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, we need to fix a few things up, but gee I don't think losing 3 promising juniors is the end of the world....there are 3 different circumstances surrounding each, and just unfortunate they happened all together and eels sells papers:

- Ethan, we were never going to match the Raiders offer. There was no pathway at the eels
- MA, was never staying after his dad was sacked.
- Blaize, yep no denying this one hurts and we desperately wanted to keep him. But how do you knock back the panthers. Not sure we could do much more. Shit happens.

Quite possible this time next year, Pensini junior, is our next promising junior and it's all forgotten.

In Ryles we trust

2 of those players are being "blocked" by Dylbro

If I were Blaize, I would have done the same thing, I mean he wants to play 5/8 and we have Dylbro with his 50 year options, they have a vacancy at 5/8 where he wants to play, and they have offered him from reports/rumours a lot of Luai's money being more than our offer, and a chance to play with a 3 times winning premiership club, soon to be 4 and a chance to play in the halves with the best halfback in Oz

he'd be f**king mad to say no to that