What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Well at this stage Brad Arthur has achieved more and has a better win rate than Ciraldo, so 2024 is just a flash in the pan and you have succumbed to recency bias.

As for the trajectory of the Bulldogs, the coach is just a cog in the machine. It's all about Gould and his ability to secure funding.

Or maybe the smartarses are right and resources have nothing to do with it? Makes you wonder why Gould bothered.

Wrong.
Their squad is on paper one of the weakest in comp and most thought they'd finish bottom 6 again. Most laughed at their signings like Nsw cupmplayer Sexton amd a bunch of utilities and averageplayers like Mann, Salmon,Tracey. After two rnds 50% had them for spoon.
BA had a similar squad id say in 2014 and 2018 quality wise as the dogs. And where did those sides finish?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You always conveniently compare BA with premiership winning coaches. Perhaps you should compare him to his peers like Matt Elliott and Adam O’Brien.
Every premiership winner was a non-premiership winner once. Plenty of good coaches, like Griffin and Brian Smith, won half their games but never got lucky at finals time. Cleary waited 14 years. Arthur is still waiting.

Elliott and O'Brien only won about 45%. They aren't in Arthur's class.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wrong.
Their squad is on paper one of the weakest in comp and most thought they'd finish bottom 6 again. Most laughed at their signings like Nsw cupmplayer Sexton amd a bunch of utilities and averageplayers like Mann, Salmon,Tracey. After two rnds 50% had them for spoon.
BA had a similar squad id say in 2014 and 2018 quality wise as the dogs. And where did those sides finish?
The Dogs have five premiership winners in their squad ffs

Avenger

Immortal
Every premiership winner was a non-premiership winner once. Plenty of good coaches, like Griffin and Brian Smith, won half their games but never got lucky at finals time. Cleary waited 14 years. Arthur is still waiting.

Elliott and O'Brien only won about 45%. They aren't in Arthur's class.
He won’t get a gig in The NRL anytime soon. Reason he is a shit coach. Which is why he will stay in the UK, where I could f**king coach.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's what happens when you buy premiership winners and rep quality players. Not reserves from ESL and journeymen expecting to deliver.
In saying all that BA could've had 17 reps and he wouldve found space for some near and dear
We did buy premiership winners and rep players, at least five of them, and won a lot more games than the Dogs have. But in recent years they have been injured, suspended or just out of form.

Avenger

Immortal
I think this new Penrith kid that we have bought has had better development and less wind blown up his arse than Blaize.

He’s also taller and faster. Not that it’s our problem but I reckon Talagi will be exposed more in the line playing 6 at Penrith. They also won’t cop any subpar performances as they are bursting at the seams with talent coming through.

I wish the little turncoat the worst.

King-Gutho94

Coach
They were mid table. It’s the definition of going okay.
Yeah the Leeds Rhinos accept mid table finishes.

There the Man U or Chelsea of the SL.

There one of the biggest and 2nd most successful clubs in the super league.

Unlike a lot of the clubs based in Manchester and Liverpool. Leeds have the own town to themselves and demand success. It's just as big a Rugby League town as football with Leeds United.

Only 4 teams have managed to win it since 96. St Helens, Leeds, Wigan and Bradford

Rohan Smith got punted with a 51% winning record.

They were 7 wins 8 losses when he got the flick.

We plodded along for 11 years with a bloke who had 52% winning record.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He won’t get a gig in The NRL anytime soon. Reason he is a shit coach. Which is why he will stay in the UK, where I could f**king coach.
The reason is that there's no vacancies in the NRL. Cleary had to take a year off and then spend time at the Tigers before he got another chance at a big club. Going to the UK is a similar step back. Some coaches have preferred to stay as an assistant at a big club rather than take the poisoned chalice at a club like St George or the Titans. How big a club are the Eels? And if your answer is 'big' why have we won nothing in nearly 40 years?

King-Gutho94

Coach
If he has a poor year next year his stocks go down its a gamble going over there.

He PR himself into the next NRL gig after getting sacked by doing 25 interviews.

I reckon that changes if he can't get Leeds back up in 12 months.