What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stevie

Bench
Having a play with a full strength side…

1 Iongi
2 Lomax
3 Penisini
4 Gutho
5 Simmo
6 Brown
7 Moses

?? I actually think Gutho needs to just be there he’s our second best player but he’s actually the perfect 14 for the modern game…

Who am I missing?

Stevie

Bench
1. Ionghi
2. Sivo
3. Penisi
4. Gutho
5. Lomax

Or

1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Penisini
4. Simmo
5. Lomax

with Ionghi, Russell, new signings as backups
That first one looks good. But I think after the last few games Sivo I think will get a nice deal in the nrl somewhere.

Tiger5150

Bench
We have better halves than Galvin. That's why we let him go. We also have better halves than Sanders and Talagi.
Let me get this logic straight...
you are saying Parra punt their best halves as 16yo because they have a good halves currently?" Must be a ringing endorsement for your current Harol Matts guys.

Tiger5150

Bench
Look at Keary. pArRa DiDn'T wAnT hIm!!! But neither did any of the other NRL clubs. It's not like they aren't all poaching other youngsters from our back yard. Why did they all overlook him? Why didn't anyone rate Olakau'atu until he arrived at Manly? Some merkins are just late bloomers.
You realise that Galvin played Harold Matts for Parra? 3 years later he plays a full season of NRL as a 5/8, would be rookie of the year. Hardly a late bloomer.

Tiger5150

Bench
Don't reckon it was a mistake, giving him time to develop, it's smart........Assuming that was when he was 16 in 2021. They did the same for Matt Arthur, didn't play up in Matt's at 16's either.

Interesting in 2022 at 17, he played the whole season at second row for Wests in Matt's. His tigers profile has him listed at 85kg, assuming even if he is 90kg now, imagine how light he would have been at 16 when we told him he needed time to develop.

He probably was barely 70kg and on a 6 ft frame at 16. That's dam light to be playing edge in Matt's at 16.....not that he couldn't handle it, but gee it wouId have taken a big physical toll on him. When a lot of the forwards in Matt's are at least 80kg plus and a lot 100kg plus.....it makes sense to sit him out at 16, if he was seen as an edge forward back then....
Galvin played second row U18 State of origin.