What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He'd be a far better option than that 'dinosaur' Smith.
Well we had a Dinosaur from the 70's coach the side the last decade so whats the harm?? Smith has forgotten more about the game than 99.9999999999999% of people alive. I just think he's probably been out of the game too long now.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Super league GF tomorrow morning at 4am.

A bit of Parra flavour to it

Wigan going for B2B they have Bevan French and Jai Field playing for them.

Hull KR haven't won a comp since 1985 they have Tom Opacic and Kelepi Tanginoa In there side.

Soto

Bench
If Moses doesn't get injured are we still stuck with BA.

Everything happens for a reason.

The BA era needed to end it was time.

We also learnt a bit more about Dylan Brown as well. He wasnt horrible and he is a elite 2IC to Moses.

But expecting him to run the show well that question has been answered and its a firm no.

It's probably helped us as it may turn a few clubs away thinking they could get him to be there Jarome Luai.
Agree. If Moses doesn't get injured we probably win another 4 or 5 games and scrape into the bottom of the 8 but continues to mask over the problems we have at the club with contracts, older players, lack of youth promotion etc.
Will win the comp next yr? No but eventually we were going to start a refresh and rebuild and there is no way it could've happened with the same coach as this club needs to instil a new mantra as to what they stand for and what's acceptable and decide what club they really want to be. I feel that's really been missing and we have just been going through the motions. You can see the dogs have made it very clear who they want to be and are now starting to show more results. Although how flukey can you be to win 2 games in Golden point off the goal post as well. They did have a fair degree of luck during the season and maybe deserted them in the quarter final play off. In saying that there were games where their defence was simply outstanding.
I maintain we fix 3 things and we climb the ladder considerably.
1.fitness
2. Defence
3. Attitude
Fitness was terrible, defence was horrible and attitude was lacking at times...

King-Gutho94

Coach
Agree. If Moses doesn't get injured we probably win another 4 or 5 games and scrape into the bottom of the 8 but continues to mask over the problems we have at the club with contracts, older players, lack of youth promotion etc.
Will win the comp next yr? No but eventually we were going to start a refresh and rebuild and there is no way it could've happened with the same coach as this club needs to instil a new mantra as to what they stand for and what's acceptable and decide what club they really want to be. I feel that's really been missing and we have just been going through the motions. You can see the dogs have made it very clear who they want to be and are now starting to show more results. Although how flukey can you be to win 2 games in Golden point off the goal post as well. They did have a fair degree of luck during the season and maybe deserted them in the quarter final play off. In saying that there were games where their defence was simply outstanding.
1.fitness
2. Defence
3. Attitude
You don't win premierships unless your top 4 in defence.

I thought it was pretty obivous

2020 in a shortened season and 2021 were the only year's we did that under BA.

2021 we still conceded 50 points in a game which means you can't win the comp and got 40+ multiple times so it's a really deciveing top 4

Gazzamatta

Coach
Anyone reckon Nathan Brown would be a decent replacement for MON as a HOF next year??
I'm not necessarily a MON fan but watching things progress now that he's not under the direction of the previous coach, who was totally responsible for our list as pointed out by Sarintinos and McElduf, has opened my eyes somewhat. I guess the question I ask is what can we negatively target MON on since BA was summarily dismissed?
Controversial?

Suitman

Post Whore
1.fitness
2. Defence
3. Attitude

They are all the attributes of a team that had become stale under the regime of a long term coach. These things were obvious 5 years ago.
How BA remained employed for as long as he did just astound me.
Anyway, full credit to the current board for pulling the pin when they did. It was well time to do so.

I'm quietly confident that we will see a massive change in attitude and tactics next season.
I'm sure Ryles isn't here to f*** spiders.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm not necessarily a MON fan but watching things progress now that he's not under the direction of the previous coach, who was totally responsible for our list as pointed out by Sarintinos and McElduf, has opened my eyes somewhat. I guess the question I ask is what can we negatively target MON on since BA was summarily dismissed?
Controversial?
We have still lost far too much young talent under his watch, and he seems to take an age to do anything. Two seasons with just 26 players were all him IMO. Surely we can do better?

King-Gutho94

Coach
MON is just as culpable as BA when it came to the roster.

Even if they didn't agree and the coach got final say.

It's simply unacceptable the roster wasn't filled for 2 years in a row and been caught out with lack of depth.

He isn't the right man if he is just a puppet

Chipmunk

Coach
Super league GF tomorrow morning at 4am.

A bit of Parra flavour to it

Wigan going for B2B they have Bevan French and Jai Field playing for them.

Hull KR haven't won a comp since 1985 they have Tom Opacic and Kelepi Tanginoa In there side.
Kelepi Tanginoa...there is a blast from our piss-poor past.

Gazzamatta

Coach
We have still lost far too much young talent under his watch, and he seems to take an age to do anything. Two seasons with just 26 players were all him IMO. Surely we can do better?
Fair points but I'm hopeful these issues will continue to improve under a strong working relationship with Ryles. It will be interesting to see our 2025 roster for game 1.
The long awaited COE might also be a huge bonus. We have recently locked in 3 highly thought of juniors although we have lost another couple as well. I'm a big fan of Sangalang. Hopefully the rumour he's left is just that.
I remain extremely excited though. Season tickets already secured.
Fingers crossed.

RustedonEel

Juniors
Well we had a Dinosaur from the 70's coach the side the last decade so whats the harm?? Smith has forgotten more about the game than 99.9999999999999% of people alive. I just think he's probably been out of the game too long now.
And like BA he could'nt get the job done. The difference being Smith had multiple attempts at multiple clubs and proved a failure at every one when it counted. It's hard to believe some of you guys put him on such a pedestal. Grade A Gold star failure, overhyped to buggery.

p.s. Apologies to Pou, I could'nt help it :p

Chipmunk

Coach
You can see the dogs have made it very clear who they want to be and are now starting to show more results. Although how flukey can you be to win 2 games in Golden point off the goal post as well. They did have a fair degree of luck during the season and maybe deserted them in the quarter final play off. In saying that there were games where their defence was simply outstanding.
The Dogs had a great season and are on the improve, but they did play in 11 games where the result was decided by a try or less. They won 5 of those. If the result goes the other way in those 5 games, the Dogs really dont have any better season than they had in 2023.

The Raiders had a similar season in 2023, where they were involved in 13 games where the result was within 1 try...they won 9 of them...funnily enough they won 8 of 10 this year in games where the result was less than a try.

TheRam

Coach
They are all the attributes of a team that had become stale under the regime of a long term coach. These things were obvious 5 years ago.
How BA remained employed for as long as he did just astound me.
Anyway, full credit to the current board for pulling the pin when they did. It was well time to do so.

I'm quietly confident that we will see a massive change in attitude and tactics next season.
I'm sure Ryles isn't here to f*** spiders.

That's a weirdly and horrifying painful thought. I guess if I wanted to be randomly shocking in this kind of way I would have gone for cuddly pig myself.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And like BA he could'nt get the job done. The difference being Smith had multiple attempts at multiple clubs and proved a failure at every one when it counted. It's hard to believe some of you guys put him on such a pedestal. Grade A Gold star failure, overhyped to buggery.

p.s. Apologies to Pou, I could'nt help it :p
Yep when it mattered he couldn't get the job done, but he was Jack Gibson compared to Bea Arthur. Mentioning both in the same sentence is embarrassing.

Baldie has to one of the more limited coaches of the last 20 years.

gaffer

Juniors
Controversial?
life member of the tigers

Eelogical

Referee
There is the option to frontload extensions, freeing up space for 2026 and beyond. These Eels are all (officially) free to negotiate with rivals at the start of November:

Brown
Cartwright
Doorey
Hands
Greig
Gutherson
Lussick
Mataele
Matterson
Moretti
Ofahengaue
Penisini
Russell
Tuilagi
Tuivati
I'm liking the look of that see ya later team. I like that there's a couple or benchies thrown in.

Latest posts