What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree. As much as he had a killer game on the weekend. He walks around like my 15 year old dog. No wonder the Bunnies only offered him 1 year.
One upside of having a broken down old merkin is that it provides opportunities for a young backup while he's out injured. Perfect for Arthur's Jr. And multiple years keep the player's price down on a per-year basis.

Moses is better player but Reynolds/Drown isn't much worse than Moses/Drown and would be better than matching stupid offers for Moses. There's is also the fact that Reynolds offers something both Moses and Drown lack (composure) while providing Dylan Brown more opportunity to attack a couple of passes wide.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It is possible that with Moses not yet decided on his future after we offered an extension the club just made some enquires about Reynolds. Just in case Moses doesn’t re-sign / wants to much.

Reynolds kicking game does work with the game plan BA currently has the team playing (see Raiders game)

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
I’ll be very surprised If we don’t re-sign Moses but the Reynolds thing does possibly have some logic .....
Maybe a belief that Moses won’t take us the Promised land and Reynolds can ala roosters with Pearce / Cronk.

also Reynolds for a 2 years is better timing for Arthur’s Jnr

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’d say Reynolds is our plan B and the best available half if Moses decides to chase slightly more money at a shit club (which I don’t think he’ll do).
The best thing about Moses is his kicking game, including goal kicking. Reynolds is one of the few players who kicks better than Moses. He lacks the running game of Moses but adds composure. The only risk is injury.

84 Baby

Referee
It is possible that with Moses not yet decided on his future after we offered an extension the club just made some enquires about Reynolds. Just in case Moses doesn’t re-sign / wants to much.

Reynolds kicking game does work with the game plan BA currently has the team playing (see Raiders game)
Don’t talk in non-extremes sense! You must be either a hugger or a rider and there can be no middle ground!

Incorrect

Coach
Reynolds' kicking may be on par or slightly better than Moses', but IMO would not complement Dylbags' game the way Moses does. And the little I've seen of Bushy Jnr, he also wouldn't complement Dylbags' game either. I think we need a half like Dylbags/Reynolds/Bushy Jnr (eventually) but not 2 of them at the same time in 6 and 7. Moses has that ability to break the line like a Wighton or Munster (admittedly not as consistently in Moses' case). Reynolds, Dylbags don't and I think you need that if your other half is a stock 6/7

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd rather Moses over Reynolds but it may not be our call. If the Bunnies want to make room under their sombrero that is above his market value, we wont get into a bidding war.

BA jnr is about 2 years off NRL, assuming he makes the grade and at this stage that is an assumption, so we need about a 2 year option so if Reynolds is getting on he may be able to do a job but doesn't say GF winning combination halves to me, neither does signing a back up half.

Reynolds is not wanted at the Bunnies for a reason.

Avenger

Immortal
Moses would be our only player with speed off the mark. Losing him would reduce our threat a great deal.
Come on mate.

Moses has one good game a month and suddenly we will lose something. I have no issue if he stays at whatever his contract states but if he wants to negotiate anymore he can get f**ked.

I’d take Reynolds in a heartbeat for 2 years with Jake Arthur as his understudy. Moses knows that Jake will take his spot one day and is also exploring his options.

T-Boon

Coach
Speculating on Jake Arthur is pure lunacy. There is about a 5% chance he is even a good first grade halfback.

Latest posts