What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Sims would be on 600k I am guessing. If the Dragons don't rate their chances this season and want him off books they maybe happy to pay 200k-250k and do some front loading of own players. He isn't part of their plans and they aren't going to win any premierships this season.

If we snared him for 350k-400k for this year it might be a good purchase.

hindy111

Post Whore
You see mate, I don't actually think that every player is either 'great', or 'stuffed', (or a laughable option) with nothing in between. He certainly misses more tackles that Reed, but he also makes more meaningful tackles. But as I said, I wouldn't be committing to him a year ahead of him playing for you.

There was atleast a few occasions where a forward close to the line ran over the top of Rheed. He is a good defender but will always be small. Close to the line he is a weakness.

hindy111

Post Whore
So suddenly we've gone from Matterson being on the outer to being desperate to keep him? These journos are taking the piss and we keep lapping it up.

Whatever happens with Matterson he is one guy who's contract offers would be less then his previous. No club seemed to keen to take him when he took up his option for this year. Id say he tested the waters and is looking at a pretty big pay cut. He was signed for a reported 550k. I doubt he gets offers of more then 350-400k now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You see mate, I don't actually think that every player is either 'great', or 'stuffed', (or a laughable option) with nothing in between. He certainly misses more tackles that Reed, but he also makes more meaningful tackles. But as I said, I wouldn't be committing to him a year ahead of him playing for you.
Sorry but I do, I think is ridiculous the club is even thinking about it. If it was 2019 it would be a no brainer but he’s not that player anymore and the game is different it’s built around speed. The top 3 teams this year all had speed from dummy half. The Storm had two of them and we are chasing a 33 year old who’s busted with his best days well and truly passed hm. You even say yourself you wouldn’t commit to him this far out so I’m not sure what we are arguing about.

hindy111

Post Whore
If Tariq and Hodgson where signed for 2023 it should be only for one season. And based on we plan to have a rebuild for 2024 but also have a few veterans who may suprise and still keep us in the title race if they have a suprise year. Sometimes old guys have that. Turn back the clock for 10 or 12 games and hopefully at the end of the season.

The alternative would be blooding young guys who aren't quite ready or signing guys who we may not be that keen on who may block developing guys coming thru.

The positive about older guys is they might be happy with just one more year. Anyone under 30 who is half decent would be chasing 3yrs

TheRam

Coach
As soon as I read "the coaching staff are keen on him" I shuddered for the very reason you stated. Its why we initiated a recruitment team given some of the diabolical recruitment decisions made by he who shall remain nameless. Ouch Gazza!

Ennis?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Whatever happens with Matterson he is one guy who's contract offers would be less then his previous. No club seemed to keen to take him when he took up his option for this year. Id say he tested the waters and is looking at a pretty big pay cut. He was signed for a reported 550k. I doubt he gets offers of more then 350-400k now.
I think Matterson will be very good in 2022. No doubt he was off the pace a bit this year, but he never recovered after Kaufusi assaulted him. If Marata can get 625 and Luciano 700, Matto can do better than 350-400

Gazzamatta

Coach
How good will it be if some of these young blokes step up and the teams performs even better! The club will have done an awesome job if true.
Hope so mate. Ive always thought we've had the talent within our ranks. Its our ability to develop these players that concerns me.

IFR33K

Coach
For a bloke who is done, he ran for 10 more metres per game than Reed did in 2021, and he was playing behind a pack whose form was all over the place and in a team that had a lot tougher run with injuries than the Eels did. I know plenty of Raiders fans and most of them urinate on public buses, so I'd take what they say with a grain of Himalayan pink salt. The Raiders had bigger problems than Hodgson this year. I'm not saying that I want him for 2023...coz that's too far away to be taking the risk and committing right now.

Reed for one reason or another isn’t running as much as he should. Would be interesting to see how many runs per games he has in comparison to all the other nrl hookers.

Latest posts