What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
They need to ship 2 players at the moment to register the players they have signed for 23. They will need to move on a few more to fit Jnr
I'd think Dolphins would be in box seat for Junior, not Dogs. Their sombrero wouldn't be that big to accommodate him plus the others they have signed imo.

Reactions: Ck9

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don’t accept that fact that Hodgson has suddenly become shit because he can’t get up to the speed of the game and new rules. I just think that it takes 12 to 18 months to return back to full fitness from an ACL.
My worry with hodgson is his age he will be 34 in 2023.

If he was 30 i wouldn't have a problem with a 2 year deal like ennis at the sharks back in 15/16.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I don’t accept that fact that Hodgson has suddenly become shit because he can’t get up to the speed of the game and new rules. I just think that it takes 12 to 18 months to return back to full fitness from an ACL.
Maybe we are assuming we will have a fairly young pack with no Paulo - Kaufusi, Hollis, Greig, Moretti etc and are looking to add experience and leadership. FWIW I'd still rather Verrills

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
While I don’t like a 2 year deal (1 year deal with an option…), as it’s to far into the future, the thought that Hodgson is busted/shit just isn’t true.

Hodgson played 20 games in 2021 averaging 75 mins / 42 tackles (Mahoney 17 games 44 tackles) hardly a player who is busted with shot knees…..

He also had 10 TA / 9 LB assists (Mahoney 13/13).

And Mahoney was playing in a better side / spine…

Last edited:

pazzaeel

Juniors
My 2 cents.

I’m not thrilled with losing some of our most promising players over the past weeks. But the two things I keep coming back to are:

squad turnover - we need to have a consistent squad turnover each year. Bring in some new players to the keep the current squad on their toes. I would have liked to see Nathan brown, lane or matto go before Papa and I never thought we’d lose Reed but it is what it is.

The other thing we can’t lose site of is the fact that the squad we have has consistently got us close but not quite there. Who’s to say that the same players who have taken us to week 1 or 2 of the finals will be able to take us any further?? I think 2022 is our best chance for a GF appearance in some time. If we don’t make it this year we will probably be all screaming for a shake up - which we are getting. If we do win the GF in 2022 no one will give a f**k about 2023 as we will have the trophy we have been waiting for.

I have faith that the exiting players will give their all this year. Especially if there is a
Sniff. We all know that the dogs, dolphins and warriors aren’t going to win anything for a while so this year will be their best chance.

chiefy1

Juniors
Was he coming off knee reco’s??? The game then was wrestlemainia. We are in the times of V’Landys ball, it’s all about speed and we chase a bloke who will be almost 34 with knee problems. You can’t make this shit up you really can’t. Only at Parra.

yes absolutely

Incorrect

Coach
Well what can you do when you are successful as we have been??? Winning 2 finals in the last 3 years comes at a price.

It’s time for another team to be as successful as we have been you can’t stay at the top for too long.
Well if it means rebuilding in seasons 2023 and 2024 to set us up for a red hot crack at making it to week 3 of the Finals in 2025, I'm all for it!!

It's very exciting!

gaffer

Juniors
Was he coming off knee reco’s??? The game then was wrestlemainia. We are in the times of V’Landys ball, it’s all about speed and we chase a bloke who will be almost 34 with knee problems. You can’t make this shit up you really can’t. Only at Parra.
yeah but he's pretty good at thieving the ball does that count for anything

Avenger

Immortal
Social media is purporting that we rate this kid more than Mahoney in the long term and perhaps this is why we are going after a veteran in the twilight of his career. There may be a method to the madness.

Attachments

• 693E2002-5B06-4A9F-8584-46F239CDC99E.jpeg
    693E2002-5B06-4A9F-8584-46F239CDC99E.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 65

Gazzamatta

Coach
The difference is that they were nearly all Eels decisions to let them go. This time its different and it's the cream of the crop. We're not going to buy ourselves out of this. The dolphins have an open chequebook and will sign the top players. Also, the development groundwork just isn't there. Not looking great for 23 onwards. I'll be surprised if we're still in the 8. Very surprised
There's absolutely no doubt that we're going to be seller dwellers for a few seasons.
Don't believe Arthur saying that the eels haven't been in a better position, that's all bs
2022 7th or 8th
2023 miss 8
I definitely agree with some of this Chiefy. I like surprises and I think we are in for a few mate.

Latest posts