What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Ready says done deal.

Embattled Parramatta have landed a crucial blow in the player market after striking a deal for Canberra hooker Josh Hodgson to join the club.
Hodgson will link with the Eels from 2023, taking the place of Canterbury-bound Reed Mahoney at the end of next season.

The English international will provide experience and leadership to Parramatta, easing the pressure on halves Dylan Brown and Mitchell Moses.

Hodgson has 12 months remaining on his current contract in the nation’s capital and his decision to join the Eels in 2023 could prompt Canberra to enter the market for a hooker themselves — Sydney Roosters No.9 Sam Verrills and Wests Tigers’ Jacob Liddlelook set to explore their options.

Hodgson has been a pivotal figure at the Raiders over the past seven years, having joined the club from Super League side Hull and quickly become one of the most influential rakes the game.

His signing shapes as a coup for the Eels given the recent exodus from the club.

Mahoney, Marata Niukore and Isaiah Papali’i have all agreed to join rival clubs from 2023, while the Eels are fighting to retain prop Junior Paulo.

Hodgson’s signing helps stem the tide at a time when Parramatta supporters are asking questions about the club’s recruitment and retention policy.

Meanwhile, Canberra, Parramatta and Canterbury have returned to the negotiating table as they edge towards a deal that will see Bailey Simonssson move to the Eels and Nick Cotric return to the nation’s capital.

The deal looked to have stalled earlier this week but it is understood the Raiders have held talks with the NRL salary cap department about how to accommodate Simonsson’s departure and Cotric’s arrival.

The Wests Tigers are also in the mix for Cotric but it is believed the NSW winger’s preference is to return to Canberra. Raiders officials are now optimistic that will indeed happen and hope to have something finalised in the coming days.

Cotric’s departure will free cap space for the Bulldogs as they attempt to create room for the arrival of Mahoney and Viliame Kikau.

hindy111

Post Whore
Just on Schieder, before June he was playing Flegg or NSW cup as hooker or half or 5/8 as needed. Potting goals like a pro and steering the team around. Like Twizzle said, he’s another kid who has been shafted by covid. Unlike Penisini and Jake etc who got school footy in, Kyke is a year or so older and has missed most of 2020 and 2021. Very harsh to LOL at him and blame him or the club.

I'm not Lol at him. Hands is in a similar position. But I recall a guy would post on here a few years back when we all had high hopes and plenty said he will take over from Mahoney and is rated higher. His opinion was his body isn't up to it and the coaching staff do not rate him that highly. Many on here mocked him. But hey perhaps he knew something.

I agree he has missed a lot of footy but the coaching staff would see who is performing in the gym. Id say he he was highly regarded we would see and hear his name in train reports and he would of been put into atleast a jnr development position they give 3 players. I hope I am wrong butnI get the feeling he was only given a contract last time to help fill under 20s and the fact it was extended in the age group otherwise he would of been cut.

Hodgson huh well while his age and recent injury woes worry me I guess his experience makes it an okay signing until such time as the club and either develop or sign a longer term solution. Plus I’d say he would be relatively cheap which will help refill the squad come 2023.

hindy111

Post Whore
At least my big noting can actually help people in the new digital world. I can also guide them in how to make money. Which many have.

What do your negative, repetitious posts do?

You’d boo Santa you miserable merkin.

This is my take. He is half the time being slightly sarcastic but also speaking some truth. At sametime he is entitled to his opinion so I do not understand people on here having a go at each other for what they post. It is there choice and I like differing opinions and personalities. I enjoy your emotional flip flopping also. And Pous statically bullshit. @TheRam posts are the ones I look forward to most thou. Brilliantly written and make most sense. Gee if he didn't have such an important role already he would make a great head of football for our club.
Premierships would roll in.

But back to the point no need to get personal towards others on here . Even thou I do with @Gronk it is still banter and I would still be happy to help him with any electrical questions etc.....

Anyhows that is my thoughts. Now you just be ready for when I have a spare 5k to throw into cryptocurrency cause your balls will be on the line.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’ve got a stalker!!

Haven’t you got a work out to do or need to buy another 8 Rolex’s??? Buy half of Bit coin or something???

Because reading your big noting while you fellate yourself is not boring at all………..

If I was avenger I'd tell you to f**k of

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
What was his 3rd party sponsorship? A wheel chair / walking stick.
Our club is embarrassing! He’s just had a knee reco and will be playing for us when he is 34. FMD.
For me it’s all about how much he’s getting. If it’s a can of coke and a mars bar type deal, it’ll more than likely be a fairly astute signing while the youngster(s) develop. Depends if he’s chewing up cap space. All that said, I’d have been happier with Verrills.

Soto

Bench
Maybe we can try and get him for next year...share the hooking duties with Mahoney...His a very good footballer but 2023 may be a stretch too far. We won't know til then but I do hope we are not signing players out of sheer desperation now. Sims also comes to mind..both top notch at their peak.
I hope this is not countered by Jnr leaving.