What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I haven't seen a lot of him so can't judge. To offer him 3yrs we must think he has untapped potential. Canberra willing to pay some suggests they are happy to move him on so who knows. They obviously rate Cotric as better. However he may just want to return to Sydney?

Perham,Dunster,Sivo I see all as ok players but not stars. None would ever push for lets say a NSW spot or even the tier just below imo. Maybe Simonsson can get closer to that level.
My opinion is that he’s reached his potential now and that all our current wingers bar probably Russell and Tuipulotu (if he can stay healthy) can become Blue chip backs - so it’s seems like a sideways trade that if nothing else blocks our own juniors. Good point about the 3yrs that does seem to indicate that the club sees some higher potential or maybe it’s that they don’t have confidence in Simons knee going forward.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I went for my last doctors appointment this week regarding my dislocated shoulder and subsequent surgery from February this year. While I'm a 60+ yo person, they were astonished at how well I had recovered within 10 months, but we both acknowledged that it would never be 100%. I feel that my shoulder is at about 90% including physio and following a daily exercise schedule as set out by the hospital. I'm not for one moment comparing my pleb recovery to what medical facilities Mahoney has access to, but they did allude me to the fact that the younger a person dislocates their shoulder, the more likely it will occur again (around 20 yo being that magic number). That surprised be as I would have bet that it was the other way around.
Am also 65+ and have had 3 separate shoulder ops, 2R, 1L. Pain free as a result but the mechanics of my shoulders remain impacted years later. Not a problem for me as my ball throwing days are over.
Son has had his R done. Has not been able to return to cricket or baseball.
Shoulder pain is the worst Ive ever experienced. How footy players play on with it is unbelievable in my eyes. Probably needles. Ouch.

hindy111

Post Whore
Simonsson for 3 yrs… hmmm don’t know what to make of this signing. I can’t see the potential to be anything other then an very average player so between Sivo, Dunster, Russell, Naiduki and even Perham what’s the point of bringing him over? I understand that Sivo’s form post injury will be an unknown but if we need to replace him solid young wingers are falling off trees.

Odd. My post was deleted but yours stayed up.
I reported we signed him but used a cut and paste method. And hindy111 did not source.

emjaycee

Coach
Simonsson for 3 yrs… hmmm don’t know what to make of this signing. I can’t see the potential to be anything other then an very average player so between Sivo, Dunster, Russell, Naiduki and even Perham what’s the point of bringing him over? I understand that Sivo’s form post injury will be an unknown but if we need to replace him solid young wingers are falling off trees.
Russell and Perham are not wingers.

Eelogical

Referee
Am also 65+ and have had 3 separate shoulder ops, 2R, 1L. Pain free as a result but the mechanics of my shoulders remain impacted years later. Not a problem for me as my ball throwing days are over.
Son has had his R done. Has not been able to return to cricket or baseball.
Shoulder pain is the worst Ive ever experienced. How footy players play on with it is unbelievable in my eyes. Probably needles. Ouch.
A lot goes on when you f**k up your shoulder. I'm sure Mahoney has access to the best medical recovery program going forward. I'm not wishing anything bad on the guy, good luck to him for chasing the dollars. I'm only passing on what my surgeon told me.

Delboy

First Grade
As an aside, just been at Forster for 3 days, not much rain and very nice days. However, petrol was between $1.49 per litre to $1.59 in the area. Just got back to $1.89 here, always thought that distance would put the price up outside the metro area, seems like profiteering or similar in Sydney.