What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Almost time to get our expected team lists up for game one isn't it? I predict the following:
Parramatta to be more consistent this year and finish well in top 4 and finally defend better on the edges.
Penrith will still be the benchmark.
Storm to have big slide and finish in bottom half of top 8.
Big improvers will be Sharks and make the 8.
Dogs and Broncos will continue to struggle and be inconsistent.
Cowboys will be potential wooden spooners. Btw who would pay Townsend $800k, absolute stupid money for a average half. Deardon will become their regular half imo.

As far as our players are concerned I call that Emu will feature heavily this year from the bench pushing Kaufusi into reserves more often.
Sivo will struggle to get game time and Simonsson will be our top try scorer.
Matterson and Papa will be our regular edge forwards.

yy_cheng

Coach
Almost time to get our expected team lists up for game one isn't it? I predict the following:
Parramatta to be more consistent this year and finish well in top 4 and finally defend better on the edges.
Cowboys will be potential wooden spooners. Btw who would pay Townsend $800k, absolute stupid money for a average half. Deardon will become their regular half imo.

As far as our players are concerned I call that Emu will feature heavily this year from the bench pushing Kaufusi into reserves more often.
It will be interesting how BA will treat Kaufusi and Stone and also who he will choose to play 14.

Gronk

Staff member
That's what it feels like every time you post your stupid gifs.

That's an A grade zinger right there.

giphy.gif

yy_cheng

Coach
Mitch Rein.

If the edge back rowers are

11. Paps
12. Matto

my guess the bench would be:

14. Kaufusi
15. Lane
16. Marata
17. Carty

I doubt BA will drop Lane and possibly Marata based on last year's form. Carty just resigned for 2 more years. Kaufusi is the only genuine prop.

If we put in Rein, most likely the one to sit out is Carty.

Or does Mahoney play 3 games. Rein was only signed for this year. So BA would probably treat him like Lussick and only use him when Mahoney is not 100%.

hindy111

Post Whore
It will be interesting how BA will treat Kaufusi and Stone and also who he will choose to play 14.

I don't think any different. He will pick his best 17. He wants success and these guys are part of the side.
If Rodwell and Greig are performing as well then naturally you'd favour the guys who will be part of 2023

King-Gutho94

Coach
Pauli Pauli. Once touted as a SOO talent. Now a part time footballer. https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/pauli-pauli-york-is-a-super-league-club/
I went to york for a weekend when i was on holidays in the UK back in 2019 with a few mates.

Nice little town up north about 40 mins from Leeds i would recommend for a weekend if anyone goes over there.

There plenty of great private owned pubs word is there about 365 pubs in town once for each day of the year apprantley. The bunch we went too were all a bit different away from the main chains of pubs you get in london where they are all owned by 4 or 5 groups which was nice.

The hostel we stayed out was great as well. Had a beer pong competition on one of the nights where our group finished runners up.

Rocket man

Juniors
I went to york for a weekend when i was on holidays in the UK back in 2019 with a few mates.

Nice little town up north about 40 mins from Leeds i would recommend for a weekend if anyone goes over there.

There plenty of great private owned pubs word is there about 365 pubs in town once for each day of the year apprantley. The bunch we went too were all a bit different away from the main chains of pubs you get in london where they are all owned by 4 or 5 groups which was nice.

The hostel we stayed out was great as well. Had a beer pong competition on one of the nights where our group finished runners up.

I agree York is a great place.
Hope you visited the Shambles

King-Gutho94

Coach
I agree York is a great place.
Hope you visited the Shambles
Yeah we walked around everywhere really during the day.

Did the walk along the wall. Went to the railway museum.

We did go through the shambles area felt like you were in harry potter with the wizard shops that were all opened around there. We did stop in at the shambles tavern as well for a pint as you do when your on holidays with mates.

We knew the moment we walked under the mickelgate bar we were entering the city centre. And also closer back to the hostel other way.

And i remember getting up and watching on my phone Parramatta beat newcastle in 2019 at bankwest that weekend i was in york which made the weekend more enjoyable

Avenger

Immortal

Yeh, York's cool. I had too much of a nice ale called Bishop's Tipple there. Also spent some time at a hostel on the North Yorkshire Moors at place called Lockton in the middle of winter. Was 'interesting'.

Latest posts