What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
With Dogs apparently only having 800 and need to fill 5 spots perhaps we look at Doorey and RFM. THE DOGS want to keep both but how much coin do they have. Jackson Topine looks a solid prospect also. I'd be happy with any of these three guys in our squad.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Penrith have a lightweight pack as well. Our recruitment is living in the past, like TheRam. Big fat forwards are suited to a slower ruck.
So why did we re-sign both Paulo and RCG then?? With the new rules you can get away with one really big man but not two especially with the sort of coin they’re on.

Lack of resources and money again I suppose……..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That’s why we should extend him. Low expectations and rewarding mediocrity is what we are about.
Aim low and then you won’t be disappointed when you fail, should be the club motto.

Bea Arthur is about to become the most capped coach in the club’s history. It speaks volumes. As long as us loyal long suffering fans keep buying memberships and merchandise that’s all that matters……….

Cloeel

Juniors
With Dogs apparently only having 800 and need to fill 5 spots perhaps we look at Doorey and RFM. THE DOGS want to keep both but how much coin do they have. Jackson Topine looks a solid prospect also. I'd be happy with any of these three guys in our squad.

Probably not helped by overpaying

Kikau
Mahoney
Thompson
TPJ

Cloeel

Juniors
Aim low and then you won’t be disappointed when you fail, should be the club motto.

Bea Arthur is about to become the most capped coach in the club’s history. It speaks volumes. As long as us loyal long suffering fans keep buying memberships and merchandise that’s all that matters……….

Maybe if pathways and recruitment are improved we could also develop a winning culture? Allowing us to have higher standards. As I have said previously. We need to be scouting blokes from 14/15 years of age and developing them all the way through a strong pathways system and weeding out the players who don't want to "buy in". That will be a start.

Until then project players from other clubs with poor attitudes and low standards will be the norm.

Cloeel

Juniors
So why did we re-sign both Paulo and RCG then?? With the new rules you can get away with one really big man but not two especially with the sort of coin they’re on.

Lack of resources and money again I suppose……..

As opposed to overpaying for a Fifita like the Titans did? And slightly unbalancing our cap with Paulo and RCG - as opposed to completely f**king the cap with stupid 1million plus buys?

Can only Sign/Re-sign what is a available.... who would you have signed instead?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
As opposed to overpaying for a Fifita like the Titans did? And slightly unbalancing our cap with Paulo and RCG - as opposed to completely f**king the cap with stupid 1million plus buys?

Can only Sign/Re-sign what is a available.... who would you have signed instead?
No idea 🤷

But apparently they don’t suit the game anymore so someone less fat I suppose.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe if pathways and recruitment are improved we could also develop a winning culture? Allowing us to have higher standards. As I have said previously. We need to be scouting blokes from 14/15 years of age and developing them all the way through a strong pathways system and weeding out the players who don't want to "buy in". That will be a start.

Until then project players from other clubs with poor attitudes and low standards will be the norm.
Let the club know then merkin, FFS!!
Put in your resume, between you and Pou you could have the club fixed in no time.

Legal Eel

Juniors
The point is we're not a great team. Do you think the Panthers and Storm set themselves the goal of top four this year? Or minor premiership?
You keep banging on about low expectations and poor resources and about how we shouldn't assume the coach necessarily has the team that he wants, despite the fact that he has been in the job for nine years.

Firstly, I do not accept that the coach doesn't have the squad that he wants - he has been nine years in the job and was at the club in 2011 and 2012 as an assistant and an interim coach....he has been instrumental in the establishment of the systems and the squad.

However, if we accept your premise that this is not necessarily the coach's squad, then we have an even stronger argument to change the coach. Because if he has been in the job for nine years and he STILL can't assemble the squad he wants to win a premiership, then only two inferences can be drawn:

1) He doesn't want to win the premiership (which nobody believes); OR
2) He is incapable of ever assembling the squad that he wants at this club.

The latter is the only available conclusion that can be drawn.

I like Brad Arthur. I think he is a good bloke and a capable coach that has done a decent job at Parramatta and has achieved relative success given the pitfalls of his tenure.

But he obviously cannot assemble the squad he needs to win a premiership at Parramatta. Your myriad of posts decrying our limitations are themselves evidence that you agree with this conclusion.

I don't know if another coach can win the premiership at Parramatta. But it is fairly obviously that Brad Arthur can't.

Therefore, the only logical conclusion is that it is time for a new coach.

Any other argument is simply an attempt by yourself and others to troll the Parramatta fan base.

Cloeel

Juniors
You keep banging on about low expectations and poor resources and about how we shouldn't assume the coach necessarily has the team that he wants, despite the fact that he has been in the job for nine years.

Firstly, I do not accept that the coach doesn't have the squad that he wants - he has been nine years in the job and was at the club in 2011 and 2012 as an assistant and an interim coach....he has been instrumental in the establishment of the systems and the squad.

However, if we accept your premise that this is not necessarily the coach's squad, then we have an even stronger argument to change the coach. Because if he has been in the job for nine years and he STILL can't assemble the squad he wants to win a premiership, then only two inferences can be drawn:

I like Brad Arthur. I think he is a good bloke and a capable coach that has done a decent job at Parramatta and has achieved relative success given the pitfalls of his tenure.

But he obviously cannot assemble the squad he needs to win a premiership at Parramatta. Your myriad of posts decrying our limitations are themselves evidence that you agree with this conclusion.

I don't know if another coach can win the premiership at Parramatta. But it is fairly obviously that Brad Arthur can't.

Any other argument is simply an attempt by yourself and others to troll the Parramatta fan base.

Not about having the squad "he wants". f**k, we would all love Cameron Munster or even better produce a future Cameron Munster but that will probably not happen anytime soon.

The coach is governed by the squad he can actually get and what Parra can produce in terms junior talent. Which is minimal at Parra as our junior pathways, development and recruitment simply do not match up to that of the better run clubs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not about having the squad "he wants". f**k, we would all love Cameron Munster or even better produce a future Cameron Munster but that will probably not happen anytime soon.

The coach is governed by the squad he can actually get and what Parra can produce in terms junior talent. Which is minimal at Parra as our junior pathways, development and recruitment simply do not match up to that of the better run clubs.
We have produced Dylan Brown, how good was Munster at 21???

Cloeel

Juniors
No idea 🤷

But apparently they don’t suit the game anymore so someone less fat I suppose.

Its not that they don't "suit the game".

There are more suitable players for the modern game, usually at better clubs who produced them through their pathways, or weaker clubs who have paid overs. But in order to sign these already established players it would require f**king our cap balance. Which is why we have to fix our Juniors system.

We should be producing players every year. Then replacing our stars who get overs at a lesser club with the next up and coming star.

We have minimal leverage at the moment in regards to recruitment and juniors

Cloeel

Juniors
We have produced Dylan Brown, how good was Munster at 21???

Correct.

Though Munster is just one example.

My point is across the board our ability to produce, retain and sign talent is no comparison to the top sides at this point in time.

Any deal where there is minimal leverage to a particular party is one sided. Hence why Paulo and RCG got good long term deals with the club. Who the f**k else would we sign? Where is our leverage in that negotiation??

84 Baby

Referee

@Poupou Escobar you have been… LEGALISED!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Its not that they don't "suit the game".

There are more suitable players for the modern game, usually at better clubs who produced them through their pathways, or weaker clubs who have paid overs. But in order to sign these already established players it would require f**king our cap balance. Which is why we have to fix our Juniors system.

We should be producing players every year. Then replacing our stars who get overs at a lesser club with the next up and coming star.

We have minimal leverage at the moment in regards to recruitment and juniors
They don’t suit the modern game but they both played origin 3 weeks ago lol. As I said let the club know everything they are doing wrong. Give them your resume, we might even get bench rotations sorted out FFS!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Correct.

Though Munster is just one example.

My point is across the board our ability to produce, retain and sign talent is no comparison to the top sides at this point in time.

Any deal where there is minimal leverage to a particular party is one sided. Hence why Paulo and RCG got good long term deals with the club. Who the f**k else would we sign? Where is our leverage in that negotiation??
Surely playing under a SuperCoach like Bea Arthur is all the leverage we need???

“The boys love playing for BA”

Legal Eel

Juniors

The use of the word "want" was borrowing from the words used by Poupou Escobar when he as repeatedly stated that the coach may not necessarily have the squad that he "wants".

My argument is that the coach has the squad needed to win a comp.

And if he doesn't have the squad he needs to win the comp after nine years - then you can only conclude that he will never get the squad that he needs at this club.

And if he definitively can't win a comp at this club, then we have to try a coach who possibly can.

It's the very definition of rational human behaviour to abandon that which cannot take you to where you need to be, in the hope that another path may lead you to the destination.

But well done on attempting to troll through semantics, I hope it gave you the dopamine hit you needed to get through the day....