What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Predictor

Juniors
Sure. And tigers know we want him gone. They are not stupid. He is not stupid. They'll offer him 2yrs at about 250k. Maybe 3yrs at that.
He'd be on 500k here.
I don’t quite understand, he is good enough to be in GF squad, but not good enough to keep the following year…am I missing something, can’t Brad just overlook that he was just being honest regarding his nepotism? 🤷🏼‍♂️

King-Gutho94

Coach
Nah...the one who signed a watertight legal contract, that has been registered with the NRL and endorsed by the RLPA, you know the one who signed a Contract with the Tigers who actually valued his services by offering him market value and three times what your club did.......you know that guy?
I hope you tigers fans don't turn on him then If he is tigerised like what happened to Adam Blair, James Tamou and Joe Ofangahue.

Rocket man

Juniors
I don’t quite understand, he is good enough to be in GF squad, but not good enough to keep the following year…am I missing something, can’t Brad just overlook that he was just being honest regarding his nepotism? 🤷🏼‍♂️
I thought the Management of N Brown enquired about an extension for 2024 and was told cap space was not available at the moment. They were told if they could get a longer contract elsewhere they would not stand in his way if he needed a release.

The Predictor

Juniors
I thought the Management of N Brown enquired about an extension for 2024 and was told cap space was not available at the moment. They were told if they could get a longer contract elsewhere they would not stand in his way if he needed a release.
If they got rid of a couple of NSW cup players they could quite easily hold on to him

emjaycee

Coach
If they got rid of a couple of NSW cup players they could quite easily hold on to him
When season 2024 kicks off, Nrown will be 31 and having beaten his body around as much as he has, I think the Club figures he will be past it by then. His management wanted an extra 2 years (2024 & 2025) and was told he wasn't in our longer term plans beyond 2023 (his current contract). That said, he was given permission to seek a contract for 2023 if he could get one that went into 2024 - in otherwords, we were not going to get in his way of getting another year or two beyond what we wanted him for.

Despite all the rumours and shit, his form mid-year this year definitely dropped off and he was on the cusp of a recall to FG when he got an injury in Reggies that put him out for 3-4 weeks. His Reggies form wasnt world-beating from what I witnessed and read.

He has been brought back into FG because we need him this weekend. We didn't need him when we were beating Panthers, Dogs, Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra and Cowboys.

Tiger5150

Bench
I hope you tigers fans don't turn on him then If he is tigerised like what happened to Adam Blair, James Tamou and Joe Ofangahue.
I hope he doesnt give us reason to.

Fair enough comment regarding Blair. We definitely turned on him, but he deserved it. Simply bludged with us.

I think sentiment regarding Tamou has turned. I think majority of fans think he put in this year (last year not so much). I think this year there is just an acknowledgement that Tamou is at the back end of his career but but definitely put in.

You couldnt be more wrong about Joe O. I would think he is close to the most loved (or least hated) player with the fans. On a Tigers forum I'm on (not here....pffft) he was voted fans POTY and he also won best player from the club. Most important player at the club right now IMO and in most fans eyes I think.

Eelogical

Referee
I hope he doesnt give us reason to.

Fair enough comment regarding Blair. We definitely turned on him, but he deserved it. Simply bludged with us.

I think sentiment regarding Tamou has turned. I think majority of fans think he put in this year (last year not so much). I think this year there is just an acknowledgement that Tamou is at the back end of his career but but definitely put in.

You couldnt be more wrong about Joe O. I would think he is close to the most loved (or least hated) player with the fans. On a Tigers forum I'm on (not here....pffft) he was voted fans POTY and he also won best player from the club. Most important player at the club right now IMO and in most fans eyes I think.
Tamou will be wearing spurs and a 10 gallon hat next year. He'll do OK. Would be a decent pickup.

Stormy36

Juniors
I was just having a look at the parra players numbers in history. There is a player there I recognize that captain coached In the old group 5 that is only recorded as an initial and not his full name. Does anyone know someone that I could email to fix that? And I'm not just emailing the normal club address cause they are useless

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was just having a look at the parra players numbers in history. There is a player there I recognize that captain coached In the old group 5 that is only recorded as an initial and not his full name. Does anyone know someone that I could email to fix that? And I'm not just emailing the normal club address cause they are useless

where did you find this ?

Tiger5150

Bench
Tamou will be wearing spurs and a 10 gallon hat next year. He'll do OK. Would be a decent pickup.
Would surprise me. His family is pretty well established in western sydney and I dont think they would be keen. If he turns up at another NRL club (I dont think he will) I think it would be at Penrith on a cut rate/job after footy.

Eelogical

Referee

Latest posts