What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I get it's a joke because we haven't won since 86.
But don't all fans go into the season hoping it's their year? If not what's the point?

I reckon most fans do. Cause most fans don't understand the game that well.
But most fans on here I would say have a far deeper knowledge and know what is realistic.
I don't expect us to win the comp or even make the top 4. But I am hopefull and understand it is possible with our spine and a bit of luck.

hindy111

Post Whore
60s guy has done a great write up and predicted our rnd 1 side.

The bench I have to say unless guys step up left me quite underwhelmed.

Jirrah
Rodwell
Murchie
Makatoa/Ogden

Unless these guys step up there is literally 5 NSW CUP level players. And that is with Doorey and Hopgood in the starting side.
Fact is we will have 4-6 forwards who may not be up to speed with the NRL. I find that concerning.

Throw in Dunster and Russel and gee it is an inexperienced looking side.
A lot changes when N.Brown,Waqa,Matterson,Simmonson return.
First few rounds might be tough.

Let's just hope some of these guys step up. Hopgood and Russel I am confident about. Rest no idea

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah. His content is appreciated. Russell in the centers is a shock but I like that a lot better than Waqa. I did also see hes selected Jake at 18 with a suggestion he may well return to 14 if BA wants cover for Hodgo. Id be very surprised if this isnt the case. Its about time @Poupou Escobar listed Jake as a utility I reckon.
Emu also got a mention as a roughie. Fingers crossed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
60s guy has done a great write up and predicted our rnd 1 side.

The bench I have to say unless guys step up left me quite underwhelmed.

Jirrah
Rodwell
Murchie
Makatoa/Ogden

Unless these guys step up there is literally 5 NSW CUP level players. And that is with Doorey and Hopgood in the starting side.
Fact is we will have 4-6 forwards who may not be up to speed with the NRL. I find that concerning.

Throw in Dunster and Russel and gee it is an inexperienced looking side.
A lot changes when N.Brown,Waqa,Matterson,Simmonson return.
First few rounds might be tough.

Let's just hope some of these guys step up. Hopgood and Russel I am confident about. Rest no idea
How many first graders do you expect a team to fit under the cap? When you have a bunch of first graders unavailable you should expect to have reserve graders in your 17.

hindy111

Post Whore
How many first graders do you expect a team to fit under the cap? When you have a bunch of first graders unavailable you should expect to have reserve graders in your 17.

As I said there is 4 on bench. Add to that 2 in starting side in forwards and 2 in the backs and that is another 4.

8 guys we need to take the leap.

Yes when guys are fit its better. I mentioned that. I said a LOT CHANGES WHEN THOSE GUYS ARE FIT.

Who knows. Russel,Dunster,Doorey,Murchie,Hopgood may all come out firing.

TheCrowe

Juniors
As I said there is 4 on bench. Add to that 2 in starting side in forwards and 2 in the backs and that is another 4.

8 guys we need to take the leap.

Yes when guys are fit its better. I mentioned that. I said a LOT CHANGES WHEN THOSE GUYS ARE FIT.

Who knows. Russel,Dunster,Doorey,Murchie,Hopgood may all come out firing.
They have everything to gain.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am assuming Asi hasn't set the world on fire at training or he isn't being played at a utility.

JA will be better then last year. The question is how much? I read he is now in the low 90s kg wise. He will improve.
I've not heard Asi name mentioned a lot. I assume not impressing. Bryce I reckon was front runner for the utility role. Apparently broke his JAW two weeks ago. May or may not be ready.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If Matterson and Brown were available it would be a much stronger looking bench.
Happy to see the new guys get a chance in the meantime.
One might argue if Matto was available one of the newbies might never have gotten a chance given BA likes to pick and stick. Hopefully they excell and Matto is forced to fight his way back through the 2s.
Its f'n exciting beyond belief.
Lets bring it new guys.

Latest posts