What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
I feel like this has broken because the club has approached a high-profile fullback and didn’t want to blindside Gutho. Informing him was reassurance that he has his spot.

We are not inquiring about said player to play in his position. Hypothetically, our cap has been managed beautifully and we have enough space for a $1m player for half the season. This player has a high work rate with dazzling footwork and I believe could transition into the centres as seamlessly as Holmes.

If we pulled it off, it would be maybe our biggest coup in the history of the NRL era and would arguably leave us with a better squad than last year.

Chipmunk

Coach
I feel like this has broken because the club has approached a high-profile fullback and didn’t want to blindside Gutho. Informing him was reassurance that he has his spot.

We are not inquiring about said player to play in his position. Hypothetically, our cap has been managed beautifully and we have enough space for a $1m player for half the season. This player has a high work rate with dazzling footwork and I believe could transition into the centres as seamlessly as Holmes.

If we pulled it off, it would be maybe our biggest coup in the history of the NRL era and would arguably leave us with a better squad than last year.
Hang on...who is this $1m player?

Tooooks

Bench

This would be the only explanation that would make sense.

DaveMc

Juniors

Ok, this has piqued my interest. Who are we talking about?

Eel2reel

Juniors
It’s obviously to move him to Centre but f**k me. Madness! He is the heart and soul of our club. Unless we sign a Tedesco or Turbo who is better

Like the idea of finding an X factor player off the bench but I don’t like replacing Gutho at fullback. I think it would cause too much confusion within our attacking structures and I don’t think there’s another FB out there other than Edwards who can match his effort areas particularly in relation to the defence.
True. Also imagine our already problematic defensive structure. Not only does Gutho save tries solo, he marshal's and directs our defensive players. I think this is a mistake.

IFR33K

Coach
The whole situation is diabolical. It’s poor management. Why re-sign him for top money and then move him a year later? He was good fullback but not great. Now he will be an average 3/4 on top money. It does not make sense. If true, management have lost the plot. He should not have been re-signed from the start if they didn’t rate him.

The article makes no sense. They’re going to ring around to find a game breaker????? Yeah because rival clubs have 3 or 4 ready to hand us one.

DaveMc

Juniors
Nice theory. He’s bombed a bit in RU right ? Says here he might miss the WC.

edit: and he’s been playing 12 for Auckland Blues.
The Herald article on the story also abruptly raises RTS’s status. It’s the only thing that really makes sense.

If that’s what it is, I wonder if the idea is a bit like the SBW deal a couple of years ago, only for a short-term for the rest of this season.

hindy111

Post Whore
Getting all sweary is pointless. Just stop with the BS and you won’t find yourself getting caught out.

The big man from the east has spoken and pasted some url to show what a big man he is. Next will be a gif

Latest posts