What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Apparently there's a rumor going round that we are looking at A J Brimson for fullback and Gutho to centres. If true we are off our rocker.

I heard it on Sen 1170 this morning.
Not saying I disagree with you but why do you think it’d be a bad move?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I love Brimson as a footy player I think he is an elite talent. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some legs to it, GC have Campbell who they have extended and they have massive wraps on Kini as well who they don't want to lose.

The biggest issue with AJ is his body, he seems to be injured every second week. He would have to be at the right price because there is big risk involved with him.

In saying all that Gutho to centre just doesn't make sense to me and never has. Yeh he will do a job but you take away from all his natural strengths and he doesn't have the power/speed to be a 'strike' centre. Only positives potentially are his ability to set up his outside man and maybe a bit of an aerial threat which we have lacked for years.

Plus highly doubt Brimson who is a surfie GC local, would be willing to move to Western Sydney just to play centre where he is doing currently already.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I love Brimson as a footy player I think he is an elite talent. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some legs to it, GC have Campbell who they have extended and they have massive wraps on Kini as well who they don't want to lose.

The biggest issue with AJ is his body, he seems to be injured every second week. He would have to be at the right price because there is big risk involved with him.

In saying all that Gutho to centre just doesn't make sense to me and never has. Yeh he will do a job but you take away from all his natural strengths and he doesn't have the power/speed to be a 'strike' centre. Only positives potentially are his ability to set up his outside man and maybe a bit of an aerial threat which we have lacked for years.

Plus highly doubt Brimson who is a surfie GC local, would be willing to move to Western Sydney just to play centre where he is doing currently already.
Maybe if we can get him 5-7mins away from training depending on traffic it might change his mind??