What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He looked the most ready of the crop coming through. Missed some tackles in the second half when we played with 12 for 20 mins, but otherwise seemed a good prospect
Sanders, Talagi and Tuivati were our best prospects last year. This year it looks like Arthur can be added to the list. But these little merkins want to get paid. They don’t want to hang around in reserve grade for years, no matter how many internet nuffies think it’ll be good for his career.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Seems about right.

Wouldn't matter how interested Wayne is in the Parra job.

I don't think he will pass up a guaranteed job for a "maybe, sorta , could be" opportunity at Parra.

Unless something is happening behind the scenes (unlikely with Parramatta), I think we will be sitting on our hands into July well after Wayne is a Rabbitoh...
BA will probably get to 300 games as coach before this board makes a decision on his future.

Sitting on our hands and seeing this slow car-crash that is happening with BA is so infuriating.

BA's quest for a premiership can't be saved with this current lot.

Its time 11 years is a good crack at it he did his best fell short & got unlucky a few years in the finals with circumstances out of his control on & off the field at the wrong time.

But the lemon has been squeezed dry.

hindy111

Post Whore
This call would’ve needed to be made when Gutherson was off contract. How good was Sanders back then?

Agree. And it only works if D.Brown was to make it at fullback.
Blaize perhaps will suit the squad better. He just needs to fill out. 2026 he will be decent I feel. Not 2025.

lucablight

First Grade
Sanders, Talagi and Tuivati were our best prospects last year. This year it looks like Arthur can be added to the list. But these little merkins want to get paid. They don’t want to hang around in reserve grade for years, no matter how many internet nuffies think it’ll be good for his career.
How did Penrith manage to make Luai stick around in reserve grade until he was 23?

eels_fan

First Grade
We have no doubt been in contact with Bennett. His response will have determined our next move, and why sack Arthur if there is nobody better willing to come? Bennett wants to go where he can win a premiership ffs. Souths’ rebuild must be nearly done while ours is just starting.
I have no doubt we have had zero conversations with Bennett.

our club has no interest in paying Bennett $1.5m a year on top of paying out Brad $750k.

The club is not putting $2.2m onto the balance sheet for a head coach next year.

And the rabbitohs need far more of a rebuild than we do.

we need some backline speed and a 9

the rabbits have massive issues across their entire forward pack, have walker and Cook on the wrong side of 30 and Latrell who plays 10 games then gets suspended for 4, then plays like shit for 6 weeks. He’s good for 6-8 decent games a year

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Has Blaize been as impressive in first grade as some of the other youngsters at the Tigers, Knights, Raiders or Dolphins? I don't think so.
Which youngsters are they?

Canberra, Strange is 20 this year.

Who are the ones from Dolphins/Knights? Katoa? He is 20 this year. Armstrong? He is 23 this year.

any others? These are all older.

only Galvin is the only one the same age, at only 19.

I bet neither of those clubs have 5 players with POs though.

Matto, Penisini have ones as well.

Drown and Moses still have them.

Seems like MON is handing them out like lollies to all our gun players.

Gutho is the only premium player that we have that doesn't have a

So you are happy that an unproven 19 year is holding the club to ransom??

Hardly surprising Heckle was on here earlier singing the clubs praises and then here comes Jeckle……..

Worst double act since Luke Kelly and Sef Paulo played in the halves for us.

I really don't understand the sudden kerfuffle about player options. In the case of Blaize.....how is he holding the club to ransom any more than he would be if his contract finished in 2024 with no options? We'd be competing with other clubs for his signature from 2025 onwards. We are currently competing with other clubs for his signature for the same period, because if we want him to sign for longer, we'll no doubt offer to upgrade his 2025 deal and the PO becomes redundant. The PO is only a problem if we don't want to keep him.

Yeh, we've got 5 players with POs (and we don't know the exercise price), but they're not exercisable at the same time (1 for 2025, 3 for 2026 and 1 for 2027). Of all the problems with our recruitment performance, this seems to me like a 5th order issue, and is well behind things like the positions of focus.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I’ve heard from multiple people that Connor Tracey was super keen to come to us, and MON refused any negotiation. Just said this is the offer, not open for discussions. His manager went elsewhere due to how impossible MON was to deal with.
So if this is the case, then sacking BA will be useless unless this muppet follows him out the door.

Gronk

Staff member
I’ve heard from multiple people that Connor Tracey was super keen to come to us, and MON refused any negotiation. Just said this is the offer, not open for discussions. His manager went elsewhere due to how impossible MON was to deal with.
Well he signed under a player swap deal. Sounds like there was more to it.

Also, how much is Gus playing him ? And you reckon we should have given a 27yo who had only played 60 NRL games a 3 year deal ?

Wally21

Bench
100% mate. I wasn’t making a comment on the clubs position, just pointing out that he looked the most ready.
hindsight is a wonderful thing and many different hypotheses have been put forward on these pages. However, ( and I stress this is with absolute hindsight no thought of salary cap and a crystal ball) Brown at fullback, sanders on 1 side and Moses the other, with Gutho off the bench would be worth exploring

eels_fan

First Grade
How on earth would BA be getting $750k now if we sacked him.

JD is only getting a $360k payout and was contracted to 2026.

9 months pay severance package only not the full lot for 2 and bit seasons.
Souths had a termination clause with payout terms in JD’s contract he signed in the off season. They had reason too given they’d gone from first to missing finals just before they re-signed him.

BA’s extension came after a grand final appearance, you reckon our muppet management put a fixed termination payout clause in his deal? Haha

Latest posts