What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
They want to give this dumb merkin more time? They are f**ked. Anyone who endorsed even one of these board members are part of the problem. 11 f**king years and nothing but a spoon. We were bottom 4 when he got here and we are bottom 4 now. And they want to give him more time when the best coach of all time is available and interested. Un-f**king-believable

King-Gutho94

Coach
dude it was an example. $100K to $200K isnt much differenxe after tax
I get what your saying.

Seems like the general consensus is BA will have to get paid out in full if we sacked him now.

While Demetriou is only getting 9 months severance packages when he had another 2 and half years to go.

What club and board in this climate signs off on a contract with a head coach long term without covering themselves with a payout clause if things go pear shaped.

It was even reported the Broncos with Kevvie last extension was a 6 month payout if things went down they could sack him. After what happened with Seibold they didn't want to be caught out again.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
So Bennett wants to actually come here.....and we say no....let's give BA more time.....WOW

11 YEARS

11 f**kING YEARS AND THEY THINK HE NEEDS MORE TIME.....

I'm done with this club. There is a reason we haven't won shit for 39 years. Dopes in charge, dopes on the field, and many many dopey supporters that continue support the direction of this club. Im done.

emjaycee

Coach
I get what your saying.

Seems like the general consensus is BA will have to get paid out in full if we sacked him now.

While Demetriou is only getting 9 months severance packages when he had another 2 and half years to go.

What club and board in this climate signs off on a contract with a head coach long term without covering themselves with a payout clause if things go pear shaped.

It was even reported the Broncos with Kevvie last extension was a 6 month payout if things went down they could sack him. After what happened with Seibold they didn't want to be caught out again.
Who said he gets paid out in full?

I seem to recall someone (me) mentioned a week or so ago that my mail was that any payout wouldn't be an issue...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We may have made the finals four years straight, but we were never, and I mean NEVER a major contender to win a premiership.....unless we did a Bradbury which is a .0001 chance...we were just making up the numbers.

Thus is the part you don't get. That's why I'm convinced your a bot. You don't seem to have common sense, just black and white stat's.
We were obviously never favourites but I’d say we were a realistic chance in each of 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. I think we peaked in ‘20-‘21 and might’ve been 15% to 20% chance of winning in either year. But that still means 80% to 85% chance of winning f**k all that year.

It’d be nice for our club to be (realistic) premiership favourites but 17 clubs would like that. If we were all an equal chance of winning it’d be less than 6% every year.

King-Gutho94

Coach
How do you give an 11 year dud more time?? Especially when you have Bennett on the hook???

The people running the show from the board down are absolutely clueless. These people don’t give two shits about this club winning they are just happy to do the bare minimum to keep their cushy positions.
BA has signed more contracts/extensions as Eels head coach then finals wins in his 11 years.

Let that sink in.

6 contract extensions plus the initial contract 3 year contract.

2013 signed a 3 year deal.

2014 extended to 2017 https://www.nrl.com/news/2014/11/01/eels-extend-coaching-contracts/

2016 extended to 2019

2019 extended to 2021

2020 extended to 2022

2021 extended to 2024

2023 extended to 2025

Delboy

First Grade
That’s how to misread the room and the fan base. They should have at least seen how strong the interest was, the lack of footy experience from the board to the CEO is seeming to be an issue.

If we do move on the coach, who is there that could be trusted to rebuild without blowing it up first. Not a good day .

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
We were obviously never favourites but I’d say we were a realistic chance in each of 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. I think we peaked in ‘20-‘21 and might’ve been 15% to 20% chance of winning in either year. But that still means 80% to 85% chance of winning f**k all that year.

It’d be nice for our club to be (realistic) premiership favourites but 17 clubs would like that. If we were all an equal chance of winning it’d be less than 6% every year.
We were never a realistic chance mate. We went out in straight sets every other year except fluking the grand final when we had our Bradbury moment, but got absolutely embarrassed in the GF.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
That’s how to misread the room and the fan base. They should have at least seen how strong the interest was, the lack of footy experience from the board to the CEO is seeming to be an issue.

If we do move on the coach, who is there that could be trusted to rebuild without blowing it up first. Not a good day .
This is proof that the board don't care about winning premierships and only care about the bottom line.

It's time for supporters to stop going to games and buying merchandise and memberships. That's the only way to get them to listen.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
BA has signed more contracts/extensions as Eels head coach then finals wins in his 11 years.

Let that sink in.

6 contract extensions plus the initial contract 3 year contract.

2013 signed a 3 year deal.

2014 extended to 2017 https://www.nrl.com/news/2014/11/01/eels-extend-coaching-contracts/

2016 extended to 2019

2019 extended to 2021

2020 extended to 2022

2021 extended to 2024

2023 extended to 2025

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

emjaycee

Coach
This is proof that the board don't care about winning premierships and only care about the bottom line.

It's time for supporters to stop going to games and buying merchandise and memberships. That's the only way to get them to listen.
Why do people keep saying the Board doesnt care about winning premierships - is it because we havent won one in the 4 or 5 years they have been in? Only 3 teams out of 16 have.

Latest posts