What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The world's richest sporting organisation, resources beyond imagination, a fan base spanning America with a billion dollar stadium. 110,000 seat they sell out every game. Hasn't won a super bowl since 1995
In their defence, only the Patriots have appeared in more Super Bowls than the Cowboys. Also, there’s 32 teams so if the comp is a level playing field each team should win once every 32 years. How level is the NFL? I’d say it’s a lot more even than the NRL.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Couldn’t be a club with the biggest membership, top 2 Australia wide fan number count coupled with sponsorship and profitability of the football club. How about poor R&R compared to other clubs being a factor and unchanging game plan. Mmmmmm.
38 years ffs. It's obviously a problem that can be solved by sacking another bunch of people. It worked so well last time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Financial resources?
Human resources?
Training and rehabilitation facilities?
Corporate partnerships??

You need to be more precise in what your saying. Just saying resources is too ambiguous
All of the above. Whatever it is that fundamentally distinguishes each club is the explanation for why one has played in ten grand finals in the NRL era (Melbourne) while another (Titans) has played in zero. You can't keep blaming decision makers. They are also a resource. If they actually are the difference, then why do some clubs consistently attract better decision makers than others? What is it about those clubs? Whatever it is, that is a fundamental resource. Maybe it's geography? Maybe it's just having the right people among its fanbase.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
NFL is still restricted by the draft.

Plus there are 32 teams.
ffs
And a lot depends on how far you go with the QB.

You could be stuck with an above average one like Romo for a decade who continually choked in the playoffs.

And now Dak is going down a similar route.

Mahomes and Brady only come around once a generation and the Pats/Chiefs have lucked in with dynasties.
What is stopping the Cowboys from poaching one of these guys?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So success has a lot more to it than just resources???

I'm glad you bought up kansis city cause they are going to prove the only resources that matter are human. KC went after Andy reid when he was sacked from philadelphia and they aggressively traded up in the draft to select patrick mahomes. These two have bought KC, which was pretty average franchise, 3 superbowls since 2019.

If you just wanna say 'resources' then that can apply in a sport where theres no cap like the epl.

But the nrl has a cap and a handful of good operators in the front office and the coaching box should be enough.
Maybe the Cowboys should hire the people running the Chiefs?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I do find it ironic that the KC Trade for that draft pick to get Mahomes was from Buffalo.

Who Mahomes & KC have tormented for the past 4 years in playoffs.

Yep Kansas City is a city no one really knows much about tbh. What tourists go there so that doesn't bring in corporate dollars that the big cities of America would.
How many merkins go to America with Dallas high on their visit list?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I remember listening to a Philadelphia eagles podcast and they invited a reporter from KC to talk about the SuperBowl and the kelce brothers etc i remember the KC reporter saying if he re-winded 20 years he could have never imagined KC being perennial superbowl contenders with pop/hollywood royalty attending their games. they where just an average team from middle america for most of their history. did a group of sheiks from the middle east buy the club??? no. they nailed the head coach hiring when they bought in Andy reid and then they nailed the draft.

the most important resources are human. you can have all the money, buildings, hype, marketing, fancy stadiums etc but if Jerry Jones is running the joint you aint winning anything.
You're still handwaving the reasons why they 'nailed' all these recruitment decisions for the first time ever. Have you considered they were just lucky to get these people? Why did no better club want Reid? Why did the Bears take Trubisky instead of Mahomes? If the Chiefs are so well run, why were they so shit for so long? Who was responsible for hiring coaches and making draft picks prior to 2017? Who gave them a job?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
On a separate note, I am hearing it would be a remarkable turnaround if Talagi were to stay at Parra as his camp are off the club and think that parra is not the place to develop.

Parra have offered more than anyone but it still isn’t moving the needle apparently.
Crazy we got Lomax for less than his contract with the Dragons but not even overs will get Talagi to recommit. Or maybe we (including your agenda-driven 'sources') know f**k all about how much anyone is paid.
I am getting this second or even third hand so I hope it isn’t true
I hope it is true. We don't have room for him next year. Of course he'll develop better playing first grade every week somewhere else.

gaffer

Juniors
Watching other games of late, I find myself really focused on the back 3 for most teams.
In admiration mostly. But most teams really have outstanding athleticism bringing the ball back. I really liked Canberra tonight, a few mistakes but they play hard!
Jeez I think some astute wingers would change us. Most of the guys I watched were note superstars either. Just very simple catch and drive hard off sets. Go looking for hit ups.
but we've got SIVO chasing the collision

Legal Eel

Juniors
Crazy we got Lomax for less than his contract with the Dragons but not even overs will get Talagi to recommit. Or maybe we (including your agenda-driven 'sources') know f**k all about how much anyone is paid.

I hope it is true. We don't have room for him next year. Of course he'll develop better playing first grade every week somewhere else.
Believe it or not, people on here occasionally get information from people very very close to the situation - closer than you could know

Unlike you, Not everyone is a completely ignorant asshole who feels the need to assert their intelligence with theories and bullshit that fly in the face of facts and truth

why would anyone share any information on here when it is ridiculed simply because it doesn’t accord with your agendas and ignorant theories?

As for lomax, the reality is that he is right off someone at saints for whatever reason and wants out - he has no idea what the coaching is actually like at parra. Maybe you should consider that Blaize and the other good juniors that are leaving don’t like the direction of the club or the coaching and there might be something to learn from that, otherwise we just stick with this BA cult of ten more years of failure.

And of course you hope it’s true, parramatta failing fuels your little troll game and “justifies” your fallacy about resources - gives you years and years of “educating” parra fans whilst you no doubt give yourself a good “education” in the bargain.

Cue the Pouciples to enable your insanity….

hineyrulz

Post Whore
On a separate note, I am hearing it would be a remarkable turnaround if Talagi were to stay at Parra as his camp are off the club and think that parra is not the place to develop.

Parra have offered more than anyone but it still isn’t moving the needle apparently.

I am getting this second or even third hand so I hope it isn’t true
Development club. Can't even keep one of our juniors after offering more lol.

If i looked after the kid i'd be getting him out of this set up ASAP. The club is a basketcase and broken at every level.

hindy111

Post Whore
NFL is still restricted by the draft.

Plus there are 32 teams.

And a lot depends on how far you go with the QB.

You could be stuck with an above average one like Romo for a decade who continually choked in the playoffs.

And now Dak is going down a similar route.

Mahomes and Brady only come around once a generation and the Pats/Chiefs have lucked in with dynasties.

Nick Foles went toe to toe with Brady and beat him. Crazy really

hindy111

Post Whore
Our problem was in 2022 we gave
Jnr
Mattto
Lane
Sivo
Rcg

4yrs contracts. If all these guys where off contract next season we'd be in better shape. A few we could probably chip in a little and move on. But 2yrs is to much.
You don't give 4yr contracts to guys over the age of 27/28 unless they have been a consistent performer or a spine player.
All the guys mentioned have never been consistent and bar Sivo have been at multiple clubs.
I just don't feel.our forward have that killer instinct or hunger anymore. They put in a decent effort but lack that real aggression like they did when playing for a contract. They all where handed their final pay day.
I can only imagine how they will be in 2026 if still here. 3 million of cap space approx on these 5 guys. I highly doubt Sivo,Lane will be worth NRL spots whilst the other 3 might just be 25min bench options.

Glenneel

Bench
It’s not even about Blaize as an individual. If we are going to plough big money into Moses, Brown etc then we need young hot boys to be coming through on cheaper deals. The Harpers of the world aren’t going to cut it. Add to that Blaize can probably cover multiple positions ( unlike Sanders), we can’t afford to be losing juniors like that that we have developed.
I agree with your sentiment but if we can get, say Cobbo, for around 900k and let Blaize go, who would have got 350-400k, I'd suggest we'd be better off. Doubt Parra would be that far thinking to target Cobbo but I bet Roosters won't.

Glenneel

Bench
“Hynes’ team is on top of the table, where’s Parra?”

What a f**ken dope. We were going fine until we lost Moses. That shows how good he is.
Pou, plenty of teams have lost halfbacks this year but they continue to win. Why do we fall into a hole without Moses? I believe it comes down to the systems they have in place and our 'system' (do we actually have one?) does not compensate for the loss of a halfback.

Also our roster is not suitable for the modern game and needs a quantum shift. Fast backs is a prerequisite and mobile skillful forwards but we're seriously lacking there. Lomax and Blaize (if stays) are a start and we have several promising juniors coming thru (and maybe you can give us a rundown on these) likely to be promoted next year along with a few fast wingers Martin & Hill. However my concern is that BA is incapable of changing tactics and will persist will current strategy of bash and barge will very little support of the ball carrier. In short a complete change needs to happen and in BA I do not trust.