What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Lane and Penisini have regressed tremendously. Not sure what to make of it.
Lane only really had that late run in 2022. Otherwise he’s always been lazy/unfit. Surely injuries last year probably will leave a what-if but I think he’ll now just be a bit part middle, but likely we’re paying him as an 80min edge.
Penisini I’ve got shits with too but I’ll give him benefit of doubt. He’s still really young and has probably been hit with some truths about pro football this year. He’s not untouchable but I wouldn’t throw him in trash just yet.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would have though an extension implies the potential for new terms

A mutual option where both parties need to agree for it to go forward implies the terms already agreed in the contract (plus whatever the triggers already agreed are). It would be unusual, but so would the alternative be!!
What’s the likelihood both parties agree to terms decided years previously? Player values are a constantly changing beast and I doubt any player and club would ever both be happy with the details of an extension arranged years in advance. Far more likely is that the option value suits one party more than the other, and they’re the ones who will unilaterally activate the option.

Although your mention of triggers implies an extension clause, which is a different thing to a MO. At least IMO.

eels_fan

First Grade
The talk (rumours) on social media is despite a $400k+ a year offer from the Eels, Blaize is looking elsewhere - most likely the Dragons, and the Panthers have now entered the contest as well - both offering a package deal for both Blaize and his brother

oldmancraigy

Coach
What’s the likelihood both parties agree to terms decided years previously? Player values are a constantly changing beast and I doubt any player and club would ever both be happy with the details of an extension arranged years in advance. Far more likely is that the option value suits one party more than the other, and they’re the ones who will unilaterally activate the option.

Although your mention of triggers implies an extension clause, which is a different thing to a MO. At least IMO.

Why does everything have to become an argument for you?

What I said is perfectly valid and is AN explanation.
Although weird, not implausible or impossible.
What you said is also somewhat weird, but neither implausible nor impossible.

Also somewhat weird is a mutual option!!!

oldmancraigy

Coach
The talk (rumours) on social media is despite a $400k+ a year offer from the Eels, Blaize is looking elsewhere - most likely the Dragons, and the Panthers have now entered the contest as well - both offering a package deal for both Blaize and his brother

I think the lack of an announcement on our part is significantly bad news. I heard a decent whisper that he had agreed to 3years (close to 1.5M) - but that was some time ago. I now doubt it was signed off on (I think I believe the intel and that he was agreeable to that deal initially, but a lack of signing is not a good sign. Fallen through I would bet)

Maybe the RnR committee just hasn't had their quarterly meeting yet??