What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
1. Lomax
2. Talagi
3. Penisini
6. Gutho
7. Moses
9. Brown

Thoughts?
Either:
1. Drown
2. Vunivalu (please)
3. Blaize
4. Lomax
5. Simmo
6. Gutho

or:

1. Blaize
2. Vunivalu
3. Gutho
4. Lomax
5. Simmo
6. Drown

or:

1. Lomax
2. Vunivalu
3. Blaize
4. Drown
5. Penisini
6. Gutho

Soto

Bench
Titans have Kini, Campbell and Brimson all wanting to play fullback and just signed some rugby flyhalf...
Not all can play in the team and in their preferred position....
I think they are trying to lock up Kini to a long term contract.
Therefore we need to be speaking with Campbell or Brimson and see if they want the #1 jersey at the Eels.
Either would be great additions for us with plenty of speed as well

JokerEel

Coach
Titans have Kini, Campbell and Brimson all wanting to play fullback and just signed some rugby flyhalf...
Not all can play in the team and in their preferred position....
I think they are trying to lock up Kini to a long term contract.
Therefore we need to be speaking with Campbell or Brimson and see if they want the #1 jersey at the Eels.
Either would be great additions for us with plenty of speed as well

Campbell is going to be 5/8
Kini fullback
Brimson will be the odd man out but I don't think he would really suit us.

Delboy

First Grade
Looking at the games so far, we have the slowest back 5 by a wide margin. How the 3 people in charge of identification of players actually come up with expecting they would be competitive. O'Neil , Rogers and the coach all had major seats the recruitment table, and managed to get close to the cap with what we have.

Pou made a remark that a couple of speedsters mentioned were not in full time squads, here’s a clue for you , the 2 on our wings were not even close at being in the 30 or on development deals.

Just unacceptable for a club our size, and in any other business doubt they would survive ( the coach didn’t).

JokerEel

Coach
Either:
1. Drown
2. Vunivalu (please)
3. Blaize
4. Lomax
5. Simmo
6. Gutho

or:

1. Blaize
2. Vunivalu
3. Gutho
4. Lomax
5. Simmo
6. Drown

or:

1. Lomax
2. Vunivalu
3. Blaize
4. Drown
5. Penisini
6. Gutho

Next year we will see as I can see it being Guthos last year with us.

Gutho
TBC hopefully Vunivalu
Lomax
Penisini
Blaize

Brown
Moses

Soto

Bench
Campbell is going to be 5/8
Kini fullback
Brimson will be the odd man out but I don't think he would really suit us.
The thing is Foran is really a 5/8.
They have tom weaver and tannah Boyd as genuine halfbacks....And then the Rugby fly half hence why Foran has further signed on to mentor these guys
Campbell doesn't look comfortable at 5/8...

Parra Pride

Referee
Looking at the games so far, we have the slowest back 5 by a wide margin. How the 3 people in charge of identification of players actually come up with expecting they would be competitive. O'Neil , Rogers and the coach all had major seats the recruitment table, and managed to get close to the cap with what we have.

Pou made a remark that a couple of speedsters mentioned were not in full time squads, here’s a clue for you , the 2 on our wings were not even close at being in the 30 or on development deals.

Just unacceptable for a club our size, and in any other business doubt they would survive ( the coach didn’t).
Honestly Delboy I don’t know why you keep being this whole speed thing up, we brought in an absolute speed demon in Morgan Harper and it still didn’t help!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Looking at the games so far, we have the slowest back 5 by a wide margin. How the 3 people in charge of identification of players actually come up with expecting they would be competitive.
Because they were competitive. They got us into only our third grand final since 1986. Less than two years ago this back five won a preliminary final:

1. Gutherson
2. Sivo
3. Penisini
19. Simonsson
5. Blake

Our problem then is the same as it is now: middle defence. Fix that and our edges will be under much less pressure. Isolated defenders miss more tackles. The solution to isolated defenders is harder work in the middle.

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
The thing is Foran is really a 5/8.
They have tom weaver and tannah Boyd as genuine halfbacks....And then the Rugby fly half hence why Foran has further signed on to mentor these guys
Campbell doesn't look comfortable at 5/8...

Foran will only be around for 1 more season.

I can't see Campbell leaving the Rugby guy will either move to centres listening to the Rat a few weeks back.

I see that Ryles has offered Blaize the Fullback gig anyway now.