What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
And I think we did try to keep him, but the Dogs beat our offer.
I have moved on from Reed he showed his true colours.

f**k him he is just a little pest that's all he has got to his game is niggle.

The problem has always been the inability to replace him like Koroisau was on the Market at the same time as Hodgson.

Tigers were going to sign Hodgson then changed there mind to Api after we went after Hodgson.

Sam Verills was available as well.

Instead we signed Josh Hodgson to warm the dummy half spot for a few years before a certain dummy half who was 16-17 years old at the time would be ready for FG.

Stagger eel

Staff member

Pazza

First Grade
I don’t understand how he thinks he deserves more money, he certainly has not earned that right as yet, in my opinion he has a long way to go, he’s got some balls

His contract was prob written up when he was playing sg ball. The option prob wouldn't be anywhere near wat a first grader would get. He hardly played flegg or cup.

What I don't understand is why didn't they offer him a top 30 deal in the off season?? By leaving it they have allowed other clubs to come in and pump up the $$$$

Stagger eel

Staff member
Why would bush arthur block boods Arthur's pathway with the signing of Verrils, who's been very good at the Tits.

probably because whether you like it or not, Matt Arthur was potentially a better option long term? .....you know sometimes it's not all about nEpoTism? ...also none of us whinged about Joey Lussicks signing until he fell off a cliff.

#hindsight

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Like I said in my post, he’s moving on at the end of the season but I still think he’ll be preferred over Jake for the rest of this year if Brookes or DCE are out.
He wasn’t preferred last year, and he is older than Arthur. He’s preferred this year because Arthur is out for the season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
His contract was prob written up when he was playing sg ball. The option prob wouldn't be anywhere near wat a first grader would get. He hardly played flegg or cup.

What I don't understand is why didn't they offer him a top 30 deal in the off season?? By leaving it they have allowed other clubs to come in and pump up the $$$$
If only he’d had of gotten the Boods treatment. He’d be under lock and key.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
@Poupou Escobar is like the Vietcong lost in the jungle fighting a war that’s already over.

Come in son the war is over it’s time for us all to get on board with the Ryles era.

You backed a dumb, bald slow horse that has just been taken to the glue factory. We have a sleek new thoroughbred with plenty of hair. Come aboard my man!!

chiefy1

Bench
probably because whether you like it or not, Matt Arthur was potentially a better option long term? .....you know sometimes it's not all about nEpoTism? ...also none of us whinged about Joey Lussicks signing until he fell off a cliff.

#hindsight

I didn't see it. He lacks pace and looks slow. He is very small for a middle player and I feel that if he packet on the muscle required, he'd be even slower.

Matt has a crafty game, but you'd expect that after training with the squad since he was 13.
They also said that Jake was the next big thing, now he's a 3rd string half at manly looking for an opportunity

NEpoTism- which other development program players got the chance to train with the top team from a very young age, not fking many. That's absolute favouritism. Most would have given anything for the opportunity.

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
Why would bush arthur block boods Arthur's pathway with the signing of Verrils, who's been very good at the Tits.

Not sure Verrils has been good..

Also only played 11 games last year due to injury played 18 so far this year though with a win rate just over 30%

Latest posts