What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The other problem we have if a young player has been promoted ONLY and I repeat only if it was because of Injury or suspension not because they have been killing it because the previous coach didn't have the kahunas to drop and promote,
We got rid of Corey Norman to bring the teenage Drown into the team. Penisini also got a start at 18. By the time he was 19 he was a regular first grader. If they’re ready he’ll pick them.
all of a sudden they want $500k a season...SMFH...
This sucks but can’t be avoided for any given player. The solution for mercenaries is to get rid of them, not overpay them.

Soto

Bench
We got rid of Corey Norman to bring the teenage Drown into the team. Penisini also got a start at 18. By the time he was 19 he was a regular first grader. If they’re ready he’ll pick them.

This sucks but can’t be avoided for any given player. The solution for mercenaries is to get rid of them, not overpay them.
You know that's BS.
Norman had plenty of off field issues and the club wanted him gone. We had little choice.
Penisini came into the centres after Jennings was suspended. We had no choice
We all know BA was extremely poor in promoting...full stop.
He has sent the club backwards with his stubbornness on many fronts...not unlike some posters on here who shall remain nameless

Delboy

First Grade
Room in the cap appears to be a big issue for us for at least 2025, that will limit some decent signings. Long contracts on ageing players coming home to roost. Perhaps the apparent disconnect between coach and HoF didn’t help cap management.

Chipmunk

Coach
Holmes is managed by the Orr's, who manage BA, Boods, Jake, Hannay, Holbrook, JD, and Murph, and I suspect we're not the flavour of the month with them, so a complete non-option.

It is very very interesting that the Orr's also manage Brown, Sivo, Greig, Lane, Matterson, Russell, Lumelume and Simonsson...If we had a choice for 2025, I suspect we'd have all bar Brown off our books, with a few of those been mentioned in the media as "been told to move on"...I wonder who is actually pushing this media agenda now?

Interestingly enough they also have Foran, Fogarty and Niukore on our books...FMD, we didn't go too far to find a player during the BA era did we...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Holmes is managed by the Orr's, who manage BA, Boods, Jake, Hannay, Holbrook, JD, and Murph, and I suspect we're not the flavour of the month with them, so a complete non-option.

It is very very interesting that the Orr's also manage Brown, Sivo, Greig, Lane, Matterson, Russell, Lumelume and Simonsson...If we had a choice for 2025, I suspect we'd have all bar Brown off our books, with a few of those been mentioned in the media as "been told to move on"...I wonder who is actually pushing this media agenda now?

Interestingly enough they also have Foran, Fogarty and Niukore on our books...FMD, we didn't go too far to find a player during the BA era did we...
We were the Parramatta Orrs.

TheRam

Coach
I am trying new analogies and metaphors. Different teaching methods to try to get through to you kids. Like Michelle Pfeiffer trying to teach her students to stop sniffing glue and getting pregnant.

Well maybe if she didn't get pregnant they might've taken her more seriously.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You know that's BS.
Norman had plenty of off field issues and the club wanted him gone. We had little choice.
We had plenty of choice ffs. He was under contract. He got picked for Origin after he left, so he was hardly washed up.
Penisini came into the centres after Jennings was suspended. We had no choice
Jennings played his last game for us and Penisini wasn’t a regular first grader until nearly 12 months later. We weren’t obliged to pick him or upgrade him into the top 17.
We all know BA was extremely poor in promoting...full stop.
When we had juniors ready to come into first grade they got picked. Stop making shit up and telling lies ffs
He has sent the club backwards with his stubbornness on many fronts...not unlike some posters on here who shall remain nameless
The club is doing better than when he arrived. There is a great crop of juniors on their way and an experienced core of deadshits that need to sort their shit out. Ryles can either get them firing or wait 12 months and f**k them off.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Room in the cap appears to be a big issue for us for at least 2025, that will limit some decent signings. Long contracts on ageing players coming home to roost. Perhaps the apparent disconnect between coach and HoF didn’t help cap management.
Makes you wonder how we fit Lomax in.