What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
If we can somehow sign a couple of outside backs I hope one that we are looking at is Jeral Skelton. I know some of us like @hindy111 have mentioned him before, but he is really starting to shine in the Bulldogs backline with the limited time he has been able to get a run there. He made 305m and 28 hitups on the weekend. His average in first grade in his 6 appearances this year is around 221m. Lets not forget he is still learning the game but I feel he is ready now and in the right environment would only get better. His defence is a little iffy though, but again if Ryles is a great defensive coach and defence is all about attitude, he should get better at that too.

If we can sign him who I think at this stage wouldn't cost an arm and a leg since the Dogs have so many backs on their books and are looking more to sign a big forward or two, so they couldn't possibly throw to much at him surely, and then if we could also sign young Connor Votano from the Knights, I think we will have gone a fare way forward in addressing our backline deficiencies.

On Connor Votano, I know I've said it before but I really think that this guys is going to be a quality NRL player. For mine he has everything. He is big, fast and strong. He runs with purpose and venom and above all he seems to be a real footballer with great hands and timing with his passes. He can play fullback, centre, wing and has the hands of a 5/8th. Again it shouldn't/wouldn't bust the bank signing him, especially since he has others like Fletcher Sharpe and Kayln Ponga ahead of him currently. We could offer a faster track into the NRL to play wing and or centre within a year or so. Something he may feel the Knights are not able to do for him at present. Also the Knights currently have some salary cap issues, do they not?

So the timing might be just right if we can sort our finance issues more quicker than later to get both of these guys over to the Eels. But who am I kidding, 'The Glacier' is still here and in charge, so both these guys will probably be bouncing their grandchildren on their laps before Glacier sits down to look at signing a back or two and then imbeciles on this forum will come out and tell the rest of us that there are no decent players available.

It's funny how the great clubs find a way to move unwanted players on somehow and still end up signing the player/s that they need and want.

Lets hope I'm wrong and the new changes sweeping through our club at present are enough to...

Make Parra Great Again!

But I'm not holding my breathe

TheRam

Coach
I heard Cameron Ciraldo on the wireless this morning and Brandy and Vossy decided to play the song 'Who Let The Dogs Out' as an intro. I got me thinking what short catchy one liner could we also have for the Eels? So what do you all thing of...

Who Let The Eels Swarm
Who Let The Eels Swarm
Who Let The Eels Swarm
Who Let The Eels Swarm

Or the less menacing

Who Let The Eels Swim
Who Let The Eels Swim
Who Let The Eels Swim
Who Let The Eels Swim

I know I've got to much time on my hands. I'm a nerd. But if anyone else can think of something catchy, I would love to hear it. All contributions are welcome. Cheers

King-Gutho94

Coach
I heard Cameron Ciraldo on the wireless this morning and Brandy and Vossy decided to play the song 'Who Let The Dogs Out' as an intro. I got me thinking what short catchy one liner could we also have for the Eels? So what do you all thing of...

Who Let The Eels Swarm
Who Let The Eels Swarm
Who Let The Eels Swarm
Who Let The Eels Swarm

Or the less menacing

Who Let The Eels Swim
Who Let The Eels Swim
Who Let The Eels Swim
Who Let The Eels Swim

I know I've got to much time on my hands. I'm a nerd. But if anyone else can think of something catchy, I would love to hear it. All contributions are welcome. Cheers
Parra Power to win