What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
They still aren’t going ahead with that stupidity??
If the idiots start walking up and doing that protest.

I hope the crowd heckle and give it too them and have security not welcome back to there seats.

What an embarrassment to all Parramatta fans if those muppets go ahead with it.

Sit there and watch the game.

If you want to protest sit at home and watch it on TV and don't go.

Hit the club where it hurts.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I hope the crowd heckle and give it too them and have security not welcome back to there seats.

Exactly, it just makes them and the club and them look stupid. Even more than usual.

EppingEel

Juniors
Ill be there last home game for me this year though i am overseas for the Dragons home game on the 31st August.

I suspect there could be just as many Penrith fans there tonight then Parramatta which would be embarrassing.
I just hope our fans are loud tonight. The crowd at home has been very poor this year, which is somewhat understandable.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why is there not much chat in here recthe Moses story that won’t go away? I’m honestly so over all this bad news.

It feels as though the waiting for offseason is just so painful.

Everything as it stands now feels like we are headed for a horror few years. No Moses potentially, no young guns, it’s all pretty disappointing.
Stop reading the news. The media benefits from destabilising the club.

TheRam

Coach
Sure, tapping Wiremu is probably more about getting rid of players he feels are deadwood, but what category do you put Matto and RCG?

Sometimes you need to read a post in the context of the total conversation and not just in isolation.
If Wiremu was the only one we were reportedly shopping you might be right, but rumour has it he is also shopping Lane, Matto and RCG. Lane seems to lack fitness and ticker like you say, however that can't be said for Matterson and Campbell-Gillard.

Look the way I see it unless he can replace ANY player with a better player why ship them off?

As I have said previously, players like Matterson, Campbell-Gillard and Co aren't all that old and or injury riddled. So in my layman's opinion they are unfit, stale and just need an attitude change. We all know they can play. Which is all encumbered on the head coach to provide. That's if he can coach.

On the other hand our second tier players like Wiremu, can go and get fu*ked.

Many of our players are coming off contact at the end of 2025 & 2026. Therefore what I would have done as a new coach is exactly what he has done in regards to assistants and support staff, but not start tapping our better players on the shoulder from the outset, even before he steps onto the training paddock for the first time. There is some quality footy players still there if you ask me.

I mean look at what Shane Flanagan has done at the Dragons this season, he is the coach I kept saying we should have signed when he was available a year or two ago. For mine he is an excellent coach and I rate him a better coach then someone like Robinson. Anyway he didn't come in with all guns blazing alienating all the playing group and fracturing them and the club further. Can you imagine what morale would be like right now? Is it any wonder a rookie like Talagi decided to go to greener pastures no matter how much Ryles tried to persuade him to stay? But anyway what Flano did was address the issues that were bleeding obvious and that was attitude and fitness just like ours and hey presto. Yes his is a strong disciplinarian, but he also exhibited calm patient strength to see what he was working with.

Is it any wonder that our star player(Moses) is strongly rumoured as wanting to jump ship and go somewhere that he feels he can win a premiership? He has seen what JR's is doing and knows that it will take years to reassemble a title contending roster now that he has driven a wedge through the playing ranks the way he has. Hell I would too if I were him. You what coach? You want to outs at least half of our starting forwards and replace them with who exactly? So who am I going to be playing behind and doing my thing for the next few years with? Some Neville nobodies and constantly getting smashed? Ah no thanks...Ring ring.....Cuz!

Like I said, Flano united the group and got them all thinking and playing in the one direction while getting them super fit. When you have quality players who are out of form, you give them love and what they need to be at their best FIRST, before you go the big stick. Ryles is assessing everyone by others opinions(that he is undoubtedly asking) and remotely. For mine this isn't the way he should be doing it and smacks of a overreacting rookie mistake, which he is probably doing to show he means business and is doing something proactive. But like I said, I think it is the wrong call.

Unless he is the next Bellamy and can unearth unknowns and roughies and turn them into NRL quality players very quickly. But somehow I don't think so at all. Anyway we will see, but my previous call on Parra's future remains. We will be sh*t for at least 5 years and for more then a decade if our club is piss poor weak and allow Moses to leave early.

EppingEel

Juniors
Like I said, Flano united the group and got them all thinking and playing in the one direction while getting them super fit. When you have quality players who are out of form, you give them love and what they need to be at their best FIRST, before you go the big stick.
Whilst I agree with most of your post, we've seem the same story before; the 2022 Cowboys were the fittest team in the comp united under Toddy P, but since then have fallen off the cliff, and the same with the Warriors last year with Webby. I'd rather Ryles take his time (a year or so), rather than pushing the team too hard for one semi-successful season just to dwell at the bottom for the next few years.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I just hope our fans are loud tonight. The crowd at home has been very poor this year, which is somewhat understandable.
Yeah its hard for everyone to be loud when they have played such uninspiring chase the collision footy.

The vibe i get at the footy is everyone was over "BA" footy. And the season has turned into a 2018 type one where everyone just wants its over for a clean slate next year.

The one game we sold out against the Tigers we tossed up a lemon type performance.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m actually excited for next year. We have had an analogue approach to league in a digital world and BA was the cause of it.

I am so glad we can finally get rid of the stench of his tenure and if there are current players that miss him and sniffing his old chair they can go too.

Poor old Bea was using a Commodore 64, he tried to get the club to upgrade to a Amiga 500 but being a small tin pot club with no money or resources it couldn’t happen.

Stagger eel

Staff member

in all honesty, if those clowns get in my way whilst I'm trying to watch the game I'll lose my shit.