What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Merkins who leave are merkins. Merkins who are forced out are good merkins.

Is that an example of what the second most humorous poster on this forum delivers?

Well I may need to be burning the flowers and blazing away to get my giggles on, cos right now I'm cold hard sober and that really sucked!

TheRam

Coach
Yea I don’t want those blokes anywhere near the playing group. Give them free tickets to corporate suites and let them do a lap of the field on game day but that’s it.

Rookie mistake. He will soon regret that all encompassing open arms invitation he gave to all former players. The way to do it is like Canterbury do it. Gould is a master at it. See the interview with Diana Langmack who is the Bulldogs General Manager Stakeholder Engagement/Community if anyone is interested below.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is that an example of what the second most humorous poster on this forum delivers?

Well I may need to be burning the flowers and blazing away to get my giggles on, cos right now I'm cold hard sober and that really sucked!
Why would you think it's an attempt at humour? We have no reason to hate former Eels who were pushed out of the club. We should only hate the ones who left that we wanted to keep.

TheRam

Coach
K Hetherington - 0.59 tackles per minute at 94.4%. How does this rank amongst the comp?

@Poupou Escobar do you still track stats?

Kobe is a very average player. We need to replace RCG with quality either from within or from outside. So far I am underwhelmed with what Ryles brings other then change. Talk is cheap. He seemed nervous and generally gave stock standard answers you would expect. But that is also expected from a virgin NRL coach. He needs to show us real change is happening and that won't be possible until we see new good to great signings and or results on the field starting from next year in the way we defend and attitude for the full 80 minutes.

That is the first and real signs of his bonafides for us fans which will indicate that all the other 1% stuff he will be trying to implement may actually be working and that they are buying into his approach and character. Time will give us some answers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who forced Boooooooods out???
Boods can get f**ked.
He had a contract here, his family supposedly love the club. Or because the gravy train has stopped they don’t love it anymore??

And yes poor Brad only got 11 seasons, so unfair!!

More contract extensions than finals wins.
It was so unfair how he was just forced out. He deserved a job for life there is no one better!!
How about just not hating the merkin for wanting to be our coach.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kobe is a very average player. We need to replace RCG with quality either from within or from outside. So far I am underwhelmed with what Ryles brings other then change. Talk is cheap. He seemed nervous and generally gave stock standard answers you would expect. But that is also expected from a virgin NRL coach. He needs to show us real change is happening and that won't be possible until we see new good to great signings and or results on the field starting from next year in the way we defend and attitude for the full 80 minutes.

That is the first and real signs of his bonafides for us fans which will indicate that all the other 1% stuff he will be trying to implement may actually be working and that they are buying into his approach and character. Time will give us some answers.

to be fair, our current cap issues isn't Ryles doing but he understands to fix this you need to sacrifise a blue chip squad member so we can actually achieve what the idiots couldn't in the last 2 years and that's fill the roster.

replacing Reg with another 'big dick' middle just defeats the pourpose.

T.S Quint

Coach
Boods can get f**ked.

Agreed.

How about just not hating the merkin for wanting to be our coach.

Yeah, this is what I don't get. The guys was offered a job and he took it. He was offerend an extension and he took it. He wanted to coach the team and was given the chance. Was he supposed to quit?
Blame the CEO and board for giving him the extensions, ok, but can't blame a bloke for taking up an offer that was given to him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kobe is a very average player. We need to replace RCG with quality either from within or from outside.
We need average players, especially ones that offer what we lack (defensive toil). Shitcanning RCG is about creating cap space to address our weaknesses, which absolutely doesn't include our yardage through the middle. It would defeat the purpose of letting him go if we replaced RCG with the same type/quality of player. Under a salary cap, buy-better-players is a nothing statement.

Zoso

Juniors
Rookie mistake. He will soon regret that all encompassing open arms invitation he gave to all former players. The way to do it is like Canterbury do it. Gould is a master at it. See the interview with Diana Langmack who is the Bulldogs General Manager Stakeholder Engagement/Community if anyone is interested below.

In reality most ex-players are probably happy to offer a few words of encouragement (if given the opportunity), watch on the sidelines, and be grateful for some recognition.
If Pricey’s mongrel and Bert's skills could be passed on, it would have happened by now.

Latest posts