What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Lara Pitt when she has been on previously has shown up all those dribblers on there with proper journalistic takes and knowledge of the game.

I actually think Dan Ginnane would better suited to host or play the Paul Kent role as he isn't afraid to give an opinion and says it how it is.

I know most can't stand his commentary but listen to him on the sportsbet podcast and when he used to do drive show on triple m 10 years ago opinions on certain matters he wouldn't back down similar to Kent.

No to Lara as she is way to obliging and nice. Yeah sure I have seen her have moments with people where she hasn't taken sh*t and I initially thought the same as you, but the longer I watched her the less she impressed me with her knowledge and presence. She is just to nice and as informed as she can be, I don't think she has the same killer instincts as sat a Kent or the deep personal relationships other male journalists have. I'm not being a sexist here, it just is what it is. Male journalists that can go drink with coaches and players and others within the game on all nighter sessions, will always have closer ties and therefore better relationships within the game to call on.

She is a fine basic journalist, but nothing that I have seen suggests to me she would be a Paul Kent hard arse that has strong opinions whether I agree with them or not.

Ginnane on the other hand I agree, he does come off as a strong and direct opinionated personality. Someone that can actually contribute with his own investigations and thoughts and lippy enough to put arse wipes like James Hooper in their place when needed.
But yes he is a pretty ordinary Footy caller as so many are these days especially whoever that screaming idiot on nine is. Absolutely woeful. Thank God I have FOX.

84 Baby

Referee
I actually think Dan Ginnane would better suited to host or play the Paul Kent role as he isn't afraid to give an opinion and says it how it is.
Disagree. Ginnane was best on Deadset Legends or Rush Hour or whatever it was when he was host and didn’t give opinions but hyped up rugby league in general. People make fun of the GGGGOOODDDBYE but he was good when he didn’t have an agenda. I likened him to the new Eastlake. But I remember the moment he decided to have an agenda was one of the times Hayne was linked to Souths and he was spouting off that it was done deal, Hayne went on his show and said he was staying but Ginnane kept going on that he had the inside info that it was happening. Ever since then he’s had someone in his ear with similar facts that he opines on. He should’ve stayed an unaligned hype man, NRL commentary has been crying out for one since Rabs & Big Darryl

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was initially a fan of Anasta but certainly not any more. The way he gushes over Hooper's imaginary agendas is just pathetic.
I don't mind Gordon. He calls a spade a spade. Other than Creepy Crawley and The Bonnet Basher I don't mind the other jurnos mostly.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Gordy is only there to talk up anything qld
He was still whining yesterday the only reason NSW won this year was because QLD were missing 4 players like FMD

And anyone could have coached that series win haha.

I am sure Freddy could have stuffed it up.

I didn't recall anyone questioning any of QLD series wins when NSW have had players out.

Madge is going to have start fast up there you get the sense Tallis and co will be licking there lips at every opportunity the Broncs get beat to whack him.

84 Baby

Referee
He was still whining yesterday the only reason NSW won this year was because QLD were missing 4 players like FMD

I didn't recall anyone questioning any of QLD series wins when NSW have had players out.

Madge is going to have start fast up there you get the sense Tallis and co will be licking there lips at every opportunity the Broncs get beat to whack him.
I wouldn’t take the job if I were Maguire. He is coming off success in his current job where his employers and stakeholders are giving him plenty of plaudits, compared to walking into a shitfight where the club and fans are already blaming him. I mean Kevvie will still be at club FFS! Maguire wouldn’t last next season

Stagger eel

Staff member
mate, to be fair, if youre a half decent coach who can work wiith a half decent system and a squad that, by rights, should be playing this sunday than you take the job. I wouldn't go near a coach who couldn't get them over the line with on GF day with that roster.

madge will take this mob to a prelim, at the very least, next year....guaranteed!

King-Gutho94

Coach
I wouldn’t take the job if I were Maguire. He is coming off success in his current job where his employers and stakeholders are giving him plenty of plaudits, compared to walking into a shitfight where the club and fans are already blaming him. I mean Kevvie will still be at club FFS! Maguire wouldn’t last next season
He is probably the coach they need.

Its the external noise & white-anting that's going to be an issue.

He will be under the pump from the get-go. If they start 2 from 7 next year can you imagine the old boys up there led by Tallis with the pile on.

I think history shows Madge has 2-3 years max at a club role before his intensity wears out the place. So he has a short window to get Brisbane a premiership.

Souths sacked him 3 years after winning a premiership. As the 3 years after that the drop off was quite stark.

Maybe he has learnt from his mistakes or maybe the Tigers were that stuffed even Bellamy couldn't turn them around.

His going to need to find a halfback for post Reynolds fast whose on his last legs and surely wont be there in 2026.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Lots of young ones who didn't take to Madges style at the Tigpies. Broncos have similar aged players. No guarantees. Could go pear shaped.
Anyone reckon Madge pulled out of the Eels gig cause he was given a heads up from The Broncos. Some media saying they have been talking to Madge for months.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Lots of young ones who didn't take to Madges style at the Tigpies. Broncos have similar aged players. No guarantees. Could go pear shaped.
Anyone reckon Madge pulled out of the Eels gig cause he was given a heads up from The Broncos. Some media saying they have been talking to Madge for months.
I reckon the day the Titans put 40+ on them in the 2nd half whenever that was the final straw for Kevvie's tenure.

After that the Broncos have been quietly looking around ever since. That was around 5-6 weeks to go in the season left.

Especially as the Dogs put a similar score i think the week or 2 previous to that game at Suncorp.

The writing on the wall has been obvious for a while.

Heck if not for some stupidity from us we should have beat them as well in that backend.

84 Baby

Referee
He is probably the coach they need.

Its the external noise & white-anting that's going to be an issue.

He will be under the pump from the get-go. If they start 2 from 7 next year can you imagine the old boys up there led by Tallis with the pile on.

I think history shows Madge has 2-3 years max at a club role before his intensity wears out the place. So he has a short window to get Brisbane a premiership.

Souths sacked him 3 years after winning a premiership. As the 3 years after that the drop off was quite stark.

Maybe he has learnt from his mistakes or maybe the Tigers were that stuffed even Bellamy couldn't turn them around.

His going to need to find a halfback for post Reynolds fast whose on his last legs and surely wont be there in 2026.
He’s definitely the coach they need, but they aren’t the club he needs. If he goes there, I think it’s almost a career killer for him

Noise

Coach

Tallis embarrasses himself weekly. NSW had Cleary and turbo out too

Noise

Coach
Definitely

84 Baby

Referee
mate, to be fair, if youre a half decent coach who can work wiith a half decent system and a squad that, by rights, should be playing this sunday than you take the job. I wouldn't go near a coach who couldn't get them over the line with on GF day with that roster.

madge will take this mob to a prelim, at the very least, next year....guaranteed!
The only way I see it happening is if he Queenslands it. Sells it like he’s the underdog like Queensland perennially are. Even then he’d need immediate results and to do that he needs players to buy into his style and I just don’t see Walsh, Cobbo, Mam, Haas and many of their younger players doing that. They’ve got the ability but I don’t think they have the consistent attitude

84 Baby

Referee
Unless he had zero sense to see how the old boys would react, I’d be astounded if he pulled out of Eels to go for Broncos

Latest posts