What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Pazza

First Grade
Wonder why the Sharks couldn't afford to keep Williams due to salary cap restraints

They must have Hynes on a shit load considering that backline they have are all on peanuts.

If only they could bend and distort the cap like the ponissi of the west.....

Gherkin

Juniors
Good signing. Hopefully we can pick up an edge forward and hooker as well.
Bronson Garlick started at 9 in the nsw cup grand final and also spent a bit of time on an edge. If we could pick him up cheap I think he’d be a good option to take the heat out of the game early before bringing hands on against a tired defence.

Soto

Bench
I wouldn't be surprised to see Jack starting....was behind Teig Wilton and Nikora at Sharks and some very good middles.
He's seen the light. Knows he will never win anything at the Sharks...
We are closer to a comp than the Sharks..

Soto

Bench
Initially I was against Jayden Brailey but he would compliment the Williams signing.
Defence, fitness, attitude are the attributes JR wants to instil.
Although we could've got McGuire to coach I'm actually happy we got Ryles..
Take it as fact McGuire wanted to coach us but his application was pulled as he was in the middle of the Origin campaign and Parra powerbrokers wanted to keep moving forward

Stevie

Bench
It's interesting what our best forward pack will be in 25.

Barlow
Hands
Joe
Kelma
Jack (A) Williams (better than Carty IMO)
Hopgood

Carty
Lane
Guymer
Matto

Moretti
Parker
Brazel
Pryke
Tuivaiti
It seems you have Williams as an edge player but I thought he was a middle?

Apologies as I don’t really know him tbh but he seems like a middle.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Was an edge but plays mainly as a middle now. Bread and Butter player, works hard, leg speed and decent defender. Can have issues with his hands as the wiki article highlights.

Solid signing if we haven’t paid silly money.

lucablight

First Grade
I agree with the game against the Cowboys. I thought they were favourites because of where the game was played, but we matched up reasonably well with them and may have been favourites in Sydney.

As for the GF, we didn't play well because Penrith didn't allow us to play well. Theire defensive line was incredibly fast and was up in our faces all game (some might say they were offside for quite a lot of it, but who really knows).
We were a good team, but there's no way we were even the second-best team that year. Did well to get to the GF, but like the Cowboys in 2017, we were just outclassed by an infinitely superior team.
If they were infinitely superior we wouldn’t repeatedly trouble and even beat them.

84 Baby

Referee
He will be putting pressure on Hopgood. Quick and mobile for a middle. Strong for his size, quick play the balls, high workrate defender. Sort of player we are lacking.
Handling lets him down on occasions.
There’s a thought going around that Hopgood will spend time at prop

Latest posts