What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Jack is a love/hate player for a lot of Sharks fans due to his hands. His handling has improved a lot but there are a lot of scars in our fan base around his handling over the years. Often the errors came at the worst possible times such as vs the Warriors when he came on with 3 minutes left, drops the ball on our 35 and the Warriors go and score to win the game for example.

He is an out and out first grader who will bust his arse every week. You can never say he didn't give 100% and often the errors were from trying too hard. He was rated by our coaching staff as one of the strongest defenders in the middle. He was one of our better players in a number of games this season.

Williams was probably one of the best off contract players on the market. You could play him as a small prop/13 but his work off the bench is very good. 3 years is interesting but you haven't broken the bank to get a real professional who will give it his all and it isn't as if at 31 he will be busted. Can't see a downside for any club including the Sharks(outside of our cap pressure/jnrs) giving him that deal.
Nice summation. I’ve thought the Sharkies bench has for the most part been excellent this season and Williams certainly has helped with that from when I’ve watched. Happy to have him onboard.

Gronk

Staff member
Don't they hate each other?
He hates Reed Mahoney too.

200.gif

Avenger

Immortal
Thinking about effective cap management. By letting go of RCG we have been able to sign/re-sign 3 players with first grade experience. Jack Williams, Moretti and Guymer. I reckon collectively they are on about the same money that RCG was on in 2025.

Williams : $350k
Moretti : $150k
Guymer : $150k.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Thinking about effective cap management. By letting go of RCG we have been able to sign/re-sign 3 players with first grade experience. Jack Williams, Moretti and Guymer. I reckon collectively they are on about the same money that RCG was on in 2025.

Too much for Guymer, he is on a development contract for 2025. So costs us nothing (under the cap or spot wise).

It's why the Wiggle was pissed and had a cry to the media...

JokerEel

Coach
Too much for Guymer, he is on a development contract for 2025. So costs us nothing (under the cap or spot wise).

It's why the Wiggle was pissed and had a cry to the media...

Not sure about Guymer we just extended him the other day till the end of 26 so we probably upped his pay to keep the Wiggle happy.
It still could mean 25 is a dev contract year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We re-signed him and announced same. It wasn’t for nothing. $150k is fair.
That we did:

Development contract for 2025, which is not $150k or a top 30 spot:

"have been rewarded with contract extensions for the development squad in 2025"

Chipmunk

Coach

Moretti was already a Top 30 contract for 2025 with RCG still here.
Guymer is on a Development contract for 2025, so no RCG impact either way.

I suspect we've got between $300 and $500k of RCG money still to spend.

I also can't see us spending all of our offer to Talagi on Iongi...surely there is at least another $100k there?

Gronk

Staff member
View attachment 94921

BRAD ARTHUR

The former Eels coach was sacked by the club 10 games into the 2024 season, but has plenty of runs on the board as an NRL coach.

Arthur won 137 of his 264 games in charge of the Eels from 2012 to 2024 for a win percentage of 51.89 and is widely tipped to get a new NRL coaching gig in the future after taking the Eels to the 2023 Grand Final.

Coaching the Blues could be the perfect pathway for Arthur to emulate Maguire and get his name back in the mix to coach in the NRL.

TRENT BARRETT

The former Blues star played 11 games for NSW and was a part of three winning series as a player.

The 46-year-old has coached 38 wins from 121 NRL games for a win percentage of 31.40 at stints at Manly, the Bulldogs and most recently the Eels as Interim coach.

Barrett was set to join Kevin Walters’ coaching staff at the Broncos in 2024, but his future is unclear after Michael Maguire’s appointment, so he would be an excellent candidate for the Blues job.

Good grief

1727850400028.png

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Moretti was already a Top 30 contract for 2025 with RCG still here.
Guymer is on a Development contract for 2025, so no RCG impact either way.

I suspect we've got between $300 and $500k of RCG money still to spend.

I also can't see us spending all of our offer to Talagi on Iongi...surely there is at least another $100k there?
Our offer to Talagi might've been back ended. We also have Lomax arriving in our 2026 cap with no serious cap space leaving other than RCG, who was still on the 2025 cap when Lomax signed.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If you need to be motivated to play for NSW you shouldn't be there.

What's this obsession with getting commentators who haven't coached before getting rep gigs.

Surely Madge showed the blueprint this year get a proper coach in whose prepared to pick on form not just names.

And expose 1 or 2 chinks in the armour which is difference in Origin level.

The current list of names being linked to the NSW Job is quite frankly rubbish.

Latest posts