What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelogical

Referee
2 years ago today we were all excited and just over an hour out from kick off in the GF.

Been downhill ever since.

Hopefully some light to come in the next season or two
I think we all expect significant improvement next year which for the most part will be seen as heading in the right direction as far as the team is concerned. 2024 has been a season akin to open heart surgery for Parra and it's going to take quite some time to recover. Anybody who expects a premiership in 2025 has rocks in their head.

Gronk

Staff member
not the worse suggestion in the world….lets face it, rep coaches aren’t actually coaches their man managers who have at least played at that level such as Daley and meninga..
You would only pick a f**kwit like that because he’s expendable. Never coached before ? Not good.

You need a dedicated full time coach like Fitler was(n’t), only don’t do what Fitler did and be a puppet for the media and Gus and Brandy.

Get another cranky merkin in there on a 3 year deal. No leaks. He needs to have the balls to tell them all to get f**ked just like Madge did.

Who is the bald merkin from STG that contracted to us ? Give it him.

T.S Quint

Coach
I think we all expect significant improvement next year which for the most part will be seen as heading in the right direction as far as the team is concerned. 2024 has been a season akin to open heart surgery for Parra and it's going to take quite some time to recover. Anybody who expects a premiership in 2025 has rocks in their head.

Top 4.
Nothing less.

Ryles is a failure if it doesn't happen.

Tiger5150

Bench

oldmancraigy

Coach
Our offer to Talagi might've been back ended. We also have Lomax arriving in our 2026 cap with no serious cap space leaving other than RCG, who was still on the 2025 cap when Lomax signed.

I think we signed Lomax, had RCG still on the books AND offered Talagi just on $500k per year.

Iongi for Talagi = 150k-200k saved
Williams for RCG = 500k saved

Murchie and Momo were probably on more than they needed to be (if what I heard is true), and rumor suggests we had 5-600k unused cap space with the hope of landing a mid-season transfer (again).
That would make sense of why we were chasing a big fish the last 12-18 months, potentially Lomax was that fish, but the rumours continued, so .. ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
You would only pick a f**kwit like that because he’s expendable. Never coached before ? Not good.

You need a dedicated full time coach like Fitler was(n’t), only don’t do what Fitler did and be a puppet for the media and Gus and Brandy.

Get another cranky merkin in there on a 3 year deal. No leaks. He needs to have the balls to tell them all to get f**ked just like Madge did.

Who is the bald merkin from STG that contracted to us ? Give it him.

the skull?

I think we signed Lomax, had RCG still on the books AND offered Talagi just on $500k per year.

Iongi for Talagi = 150k-200k saved
Williams for RCG = 500k saved

Murchie and Momo were probably on more than they needed to be (if what I heard is true), and rumor suggests we had 5-600k unused cap space with the hope of landing a mid-season transfer (again).
That would make sense of why we were chasing a big fish the last 12-18 months, potentially Lomax was that fish, but the rumours continued, so .. ?
Depends on the shape of the contracts of the returning players though. If they are abnormally back-ended (i.e. escalating at more than the rate of increase in the salary cap) then that flexibiity becomes a lot smaller.

Latest posts