What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Pazza

First Grade
Well we must be doing something right if Penrith have to overlook their own juniors. How do you stop the flow to the three peats ? So tempting for the kids vs spoonbowlers.

I imagine a bit if culture and passion. The sort of stuff JR was talking about, let's hope anyways

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Stop with the sarcasm. Just talk footy. This is serious.
Game Show Singing GIF by Deal Or No Deal

Gronk

Staff member
Not sure I would agree with that sentiment given we have already lost Sanders, Talagi and Arthur. As a development club its a poor look if this is indeed correct.
On a whole losing juniors, Rep Juniors, is poor.

Individually, Sanders was blocked and Arthur, well. It seems we did everything we could to keep Blaize. Even as some attest, play him in NRL before he was ready. I'm a bit shocked about Sangalang and Coinakis. Am I right in saying there is no salary cap for players like that ? Clubs can basically throw anything at them ? Sad that they didn't have the desire to stay.

The Colonel

Immortal
On a whole losing juniors, Rep Juniors, is poor.

Individually, Sanders was blocked and Arthur, well. It seems we did everything we could to keep Blaize. Even as some attest, play him in NRL before he was ready. I'm a bit shocked about Sangalang and Coinakis. Am I right in saying there is no salary cap for players like that ? Clubs can basically throw anything at them ? Sad that they didn't have the desire to stay.

I am aware of why Sanders left. They did a lot to keep Talagi, yes but didn't. Arthur was a different story.

My argument is that space for them to develop towards first grade was cleared by those three leaving - particularly for Coinakis, someone whom the club and media lauded as someone to be excited about despite losing Arthur. To lose him on top of Arthur, if true, is unforgivable IMO. It further highlights the continued ineptness of the organisation as a whole for a start as well as showing that simply changing the first grade coach isn't going to change the fortunes of the club.

emjaycee

Coach
I am aware of why Sanders left. They did a lot to keep Talagi, yes but didn't. Arthur was a different story.

My argument is that space for them to develop towards first grade was cleared by those three leaving - particularly for Coinakis, someone whom the club and media lauded as someone to be excited about despite losing Arthur. To lose him on top of Arthur, if true, is unforgivable IMO. It further highlights the continued ineptness of the organisation as a whole for a start as well as showing that simply changing the first grade coach isn't going to change the fortunes of the club.
*immediately

JokerEel

Coach

I assume Coinakis hasn't gone to the Riff they are stacked with dummy halves in their juniors all the way to first grade.
Which is why it's concerning as we are not very strong in hooker and given him a solid 2-3 years could be fighting for a first grade gig.

emjaycee

Coach
In your business experience, surely 6/7 years in any position should be enough to see a significant improvement. Just disappointing to see more of the same in that area.
It's been 5 years for most of them, but yep, I would expect to see some improvement and to be honest, I think we are.

Might not be in all areas at all times but like I said in an earlier post, the future looks brighter than it did.

The Colonel

Immortal
*immediately
Or into the near future. Until such time as they quit f**king around with having people come in to dissect what is wrong with the Pathways system and fix it the club as a whole will never reach the potential it has to be a powerhouse and will be forever a joke.

Latest posts