What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They need to fill out their Flegg team, same as anyone else. Most of them are nuffies, at every club.
pen spinner GIF

Glenneel

Bench
And now you’re using just eyeballing how quick they are.
Sure individual PTBs can have positive impact, but if they were the basis of good team, then surely the “good” teams would regularly be faster (if you read the article you’d know there are other reasons to why they don’t necessarily), but if that were case (I did the differential), Canbra would annihilate everyone, Tits would be a gritty, grinding team, Sharks & Dolphins would be glass cannons able to score and concede huge amounts equally and Broncos would struggle to score a point.
Maybe the best metric is the ptb's of the opposing teams when against Storm and Panthers. That along with their quick ptb's ensures success. That's my eyeball test!

Glenneel

Bench
He is on 650k. He needs to fire for that coin. Sample size says he's fired 1 year in the last 4. Iongi is on peanuts. If he fires he could e our best signing.
Your claim is based on a prediction into a fact
And lets hope Ryles convinces him that winger is his best position which should be even obvious to Lomax due to what he has achieved this year (SOO, team of year).

And my opinion only but Gutho (as a player earning around 900k) is wasted as a backup sitting on the bench. Centre is where I'd play him, a very expensive centre admittedly, but we'd get more value out of him there.

Glenneel

Bench
Bloody formidable forward pack for the titans if they can keep their best on the field. Depth isn’t great, but their fully fit 17 is one of the best packs in the comp
Once Titans get a decent no. 7 they will be a formidable team (same with Broncos). Big skillful forwards and super fast backs. Much like Eels they need to learn to tackle now.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Guymer and Pryke are only two years older than Sangalang. Tuivati and Lokeni are a year older. Funa-Iuta is the same age. All are ahead of Sangalang.

In our SG Ball team we have also signed a fair few forwards over the past couple of years. Ocean Vaivela, recruited from Souths Logan. Beau Lucien recruited from Sunshine Coast Falcons. Elijah Shane Tapau from Townsville Blackhawks.

Yes it's disappointing to lose some of these kids, especially after they've been picked for the Australian schoolboys, it isn't as if we have been sitting on our hands in this regard. But we do need to get better at securing young talent to contracts as we have had too many talented players leaving.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
you can't possibly know that Poops, this is an opinion only and you have every right to it, but it is not a fact

Ryles may have had contact with some of the new recruits at various stages of his tenures at other clubs
He worked with Lomax with the junior Kangaroos.

Tiger5150

Bench
And lets hope Ryles convinces him that winger is his best position which should be even obvious to Lomax due to what he has achieved this year (SOO, team of year).

And my opinion only but Gutho (as a player earning around 900k) is wasted as a backup sitting on the bench. Centre is where I'd play him, a very expensive centre admittedly, but we'd get more value out of him there.
As an outsider looking in it amazes me that everyone is assuming Iongi slots straight into fullback. He has had only one game in firsts so untested in NRL. Has plaed three years at NSW Cup level so I find it strange that every assumes he will be better than Guffo who has performed for you guys for a long time.

Iongi may turn out to be a superstar but he has Laurie/Staines vibes for me. Strange to see the hype in here.

Suitman

Post Whore
As an outsider looking in it amazes me that everyone is assuming Iongi slots straight into fullback. He has had only one game in firsts so untested in NRL. Has plaed three years at NSW Cup level so I find it strange that every assumes he will be better than Guffo who has performed for you guys for a long time.

Iongi may turn out to be a superstar but he has Laurie/Staines vibes for me. Strange to see the hype in here.

Completely agree.
I'm shocked that pretty much everyone in here thinks he'll just waltz in and take over from our best fullback.
I would have thought he needs to earn the right to that position.
I for one would still be starting the season with Gutho at FB.

Latest posts