What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Don’t worry We have MON and Jim building our Dynasty. What can go wrong??
falls home video GIF

Glenneel

Bench
And Coaches too. Remember Gus sacked Ivan for being tired? Signed a dud in Griffin without an interview.
Maybe Gus was sick of Ivan ignoring him. I know he caused trouble by releasing players that Ivan wanted. Eventually the board grew tired of Gus and released him. And as they say, the rest is history. But hey, Gus will take credit for it.

hindy111

Post Whore
The problem is with all of Penrith’s toilers in the middle it’s nearly impossible to get at their edge defenders one-on-one.

Ivan out coached Bellamy.
They basicaly threatened to go outside and kept turning the ball back in until the times they scored.It meant Storm had to keep changing direction and it extended the play so the forwards and Grant had their energy sapped.
Panthers forwards barely took a hit up in the first 25min. The backs and halves did most the running work. The forwards just where fresh for defense. And they battered them.
After 55mins Penrith unleashed the forwards. Leota,JFH and Yeo ran rampant. Some of Yeo's runs where he kept legs pumping and making 15mtr hit ups. Very similar to last years grand final.
Storm had better attack but couldn't use it. They where never given any room. They basicaly where monstered. And all that was left was a bomb in the last and prey.
I don't think Penrith attacks that great. Heck ours is probably as dangerous. But the game plan,patience and defense is one of beat I have ever seen.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The problem is with all of Penrith’s toilers in the middle it’s nearly impossible to get at their edge defenders one-on-one.

Their forwards make bugger all runs too. For the amount of possession they had their forwards didn't make many runs to what you'd expect from other teams. This means their small forwards can focus on getting up quickly in defence, ganging up in tackles and sliding across.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm looking forward to 2025.
We will go into the year with an exciting young fullback, potentially the best wing combination in comp. The best defensive halves combo in comp and top 5 in attack.
The forward pack is solid with some potential of some young guns like Pryke,Guymer,Morretti along with a few smokies who can make a difference.

Hooker may be a weak point and centre but Simmonson/Will while not spectacular are both solid NRL level players.