What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I'm looking forward to 2025.
We will go into the year with an exciting young fullback, potentially the best wing combination in comp. The best defensive halves combo in comp and top 5 in attack.
The forward pack is solid with some potential of some young guns like Pryke,Guymer,Morretti along with a few smokies who can make a difference.

Hooker may be a weak point and centre but Simmonson/Will while not spectacular are both solid NRL level players.
I agree. I’m looking forward to next season. I think if we stay injury free we will have a pretty decent season.

King-Gutho94

Coach
We will go into the year with an exciting young fullback, potentially the best wing combination in comp. The best defensive halves combo in comp and top 5 in attack.
The forward pack is solid with some potential of some young guns like Pryke,Guymer,Morretti along with a few smokies who can make a difference.

Hooker may be a weak point and centre but Simmonson/Will while not spectacular are both solid NRL level players.
Between 6th to 11th for mine are my expectations next year atm.

If Moses stays fit and we get a good run with injuries we can push.

Also winning the close ones you look back at 2023 we lost about 4 games on Goal kicking which was the difference between 10th and finishing 4th.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Basically Alamonti is on what we paid Morgan Harper to get off the plane and come back to the NRL
If we signed Alamoti merkins would be whinging about all his missed tackles. Defence is our problem. It’s not Penrith’s problem.

Did I mention our outside backs scored more tries than Penrith’s? We didn’t need Alamoti (and neither did Canterbury). We needed more toilers in the pack.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ivan out coached Bellamy.
They basicaly threatened to go outside and kept turning the ball back in until the times they scored.It meant Storm had to keep changing direction and it extended the play so the forwards and Grant had their energy sapped.
Panthers forwards barely took a hit up in the first 25min. The backs and halves did most the running work. The forwards just where fresh for defense. And they battered them.
After 55mins Penrith unleashed the forwards. Leota,JFH and Yeo ran rampant. Some of Yeo's runs where he kept legs pumping and making 15mtr hit ups. Very similar to last years grand final.
Storm had better attack but couldn't use it. They where never given any room. They basicaly where monstered. And all that was left was a bomb in the last and prey.
I don't think Penrith attacks that great. Heck ours is probably as dangerous. But the game plan,patience and defense is one of beat I have ever seen.
Shows the importance of completing your sets. Something we did well before Barrett took over our attack.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we signed Alamoti merkins would be whinging about all his missed tackles. Defence is our problem. It’s not Penrith’s problem.

Did I mention our outside backs scored more tries than Penrith’s? We didn’t need Alamoti (and neither did Canterbury). We needed more toilers in the pack.
If only our pack toiled half as hard as you do in this place.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

yep....If you look at the top 8 this year, we were pretty competitive against most of them including panthers/storm (not first game). Got a few wins and should have got a few more (injuries didn't help but losing is infectious and hard to turn around).

New coach, fresh start, new players, thing's definitely can turn around within a season