What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

gaffer

Juniors
Thought you guys might like some feedback I had yesterday.

So I was at Grand Final day yesterday with a Parra employee (close family friend) and we had a discussion about Ryles and a few things.

Their feedback was that “the players are about to get the shock of their life in regard to fitness and pre season”.

They told me that last year as an example, our pre season was 4-4.5 days a week, quite a few of those days were 2-3 hour days. They could be required on a Tuesday from 9-11.30am for example.

This person said most in the club have seen the schedule with Ryles and it’s going from 3-4 or 4.5 a few hours a day (minus one big day) to Monday-Satu6am to 6pm.

There’s been a lot of comments in the club saying it will be night and day in terms of preparation and professionalism.

Feedback on Ryles across the club is he is an excellent communicator and is extremely clear on his vision, not something BA ever demonstrated except to those he was close to.

They also said a comment that “everyone in the club respects Gutho but the blokes body is absolutely broken and hung together by tape”.

They said lots of other things but the preseason and preparation thing stood out to me.

Cheers.

Edit (Monday to Saturday sorry)
Hardest pre season ever ha ha hope so > gutho for fitness coach <

JokerEel

Coach

So I was at Grand Final day yesterday with a Parra employee (close family friend) and we had a discussion about Ryles and a few things.

Their feedback was that “the players are about to get the shock of their life in regard to fitness and pre season”.

They told me that last year as an example, our pre season was 4-4.5 days a week, quite a few of those days were 2-3 hour days. They could be required on a Tuesday from 9-11.30am for example.

This person said most in the club have seen the schedule with Ryles and it’s going from 3-4 or 4.5 a few hours a day (minus one big day) to Monday-Satu6am to 6pm.

There’s been a lot of comments in the club saying it will be night and day in terms of preparation and professionalism.

Feedback on Ryles across the club is he is an excellent communicator and is extremely clear on his vision, not something BA ever demonstrated except to those he was close to.

They also said a comment that “everyone in the club respects Gutho but the blokes body is absolutely broken and hung together by tape”.

They said lots of other things but the preseason and preparation thing stood out to me.

Cheers.

I'd that's the actual pre season schedule last year it's ridiculous..

If that's your job you want to be spending as much time as you can getting better if it through training eating or watching videos...

The Panthers being miles ahead of us shows we haven't been preparing as well as we could be..

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Cheers.

"There was absolutely nobody better to coach the club than Brad"

How many years were we fed this BS from the usual suspects???

Last edited:

Pazza

First Grade

Cheers.

That is the best thing I've read all year, thanks mate

Stevie

Bench

If that's your job you want to be spending as much time as you can getting better if it through training eating or watching videos...

The Panthers being miles ahead of us shows we haven't been preparing as well as we could be..
Tbh I’ve heard a lot on here go on and on that we are just not in the same level fitness wise and I’ve never really bought into it.

This person said they absolutely had 1 big day. But it was 5 hour day still and a lot of the other days were “light”. It essentially sounds like they were then free for the day.

With this 6 day a week LONG day schedule, apparently it’s about being “club first”, being around the club and whilst you are not doing push ups for 12 hours, you are learning, working together.

Oh, and I also got told all must do 2 weeks in the community labouring etc. But it’s a genuine working your ass off. I’m sure we’ll see the stories as it unfolds.

Of course we won’t know for a while, but Ryles seems night and day in standards and culture over his predecessor.

Pazza

First Grade
Of course we won’t know for a while, but Ryles seems night and day in standards and culture over his predecessor.

I remember hearing things like, gutho saying on a media interview that 'we don't review attack' or Joey grima saying on tct that 'they don't teach pathways players the rules'. That we just weren't taking the task seriously enough. Hopefully under Ryles, we do!

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Don't forget there was rope moving and bag hiding training.

King-Gutho94

Coach
No wonder why the boys loved Brad, they worked part time ffs!!
Sounds like we have had a Bush Coach for 11 years.

Played with a pub team mentality and it showed at times.

My early prediction for next year is Ryles will show up what a fraud BA truly was and what a genuine waste of a premiership window we had between 2019-2022.

That extra 10% of preparation and attention to detail could have been all the difference to winning a premiership.

Pazza

First Grade

My early prediction for next year is Ryles will show up what a fraud BA truly was and what a genuine waste of a premiership window we had between 2019-2022.

That extra 10% of preparation and attention to detail could have been all the difference to winning a premiership.

I swear Gus accused us of being a pub side a few years ago

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Even a pub side can get a bus to a GF, the Bald Fraud is the biggest myth in RL in 20 years.

zuke

Juniors
Tbh I’ve heard a lot on here go on and on that we are just not in the same level fitness wise and I’ve never really bought into it.

This person said they absolutely had 1 big day. But it was 5 hour day still and a lot of the other days were “light”. It essentially sounds like they were then free for the day.

With this 6 day a week LONG day schedule, apparently it’s about being “club first”, being around the club and whilst you are not doing push ups for 12 hours, you are learning, working together.

Oh, and I also got told all must do 2 weeks in the community labouring etc. But it’s a genuine working your ass off. I’m sure we’ll see the stories as it unfolds.

Ryles has a functional brain unlike the imbecile that was here before