What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don’t think we are chipping in.
For who RCG or Gutho.

The telegraph said last week we gave RCG a payout as a agreement to mutually release him early i would say its to cover the cost of what he would probably earn next year on his contract that he was originally on like 200-250k as he was on 750k and then he sold himself for around 500k next year at the titans.

That payout will be on the cap next year.

"Having received a payout from Parramatta, the Titans would likely need to find around $500,000-a-season for the former representative prop."

Avenger

Immortal
For who RCG or Gutho.

The telegraph said last week we gave RCG a payout as a agreement to mutually release him early i would say its to cover the cost of what he would probably earn next year on his contract that he was originally on like 200-250k as he was on 750k and then he sold himself for around 500k next year at the titans.

That payout will be on the cap next year.

"Having received a payout from Parramatta, the Titans would likely need to find around $500,000-a-season for the former representative prop."

I didn’t read that. Looks like we are chipping in.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
"Sources with knowledge of the situation speaking on the condition of anonymity told the Herald the Eels paid Campbell-Gillard a small amount on his way out of the club."

what's a small amount? $50k?

The Colonel

Immortal
Why would this put fans off side? He's free to negotiate as per nrl rules Nov 1

Not sure moving on your 2024 captain, players player and coaches player as well as the Ken Thornett Medal winner inside a month of the end of the season will be greeted warmly if the team doesn't move forward next year. Gutho is pretty popular among a majority of fans and the players - keeping some of the other under performing peanuts and letting RCG and Gutho go is IMO not the right way to go but trust the process I guess. Allows us to reassess the playing group but you have to replace them with quality players - the quality available and the HOF's reluctance to pay them what they are worth are going to hamper that side of things.

Not convinced this is all from Ryles either - the talk midway through the season after comments made by Moses in regard to the split between the front office and the players suggests to me that the front office are trying to reaffirm who is in charge at the club. While ever Tweedledum, Tweedledee and Frank Ponissi are involved I am not convinced that we will ever reach the potential we can and should no matter who we get into coach.

butch82

Juniors
a mate from the uk tells me last night leeds are the favorites to sign maika sivo and are trying to get rid of paul momerovski ( or how ever u spell his last name ) to accomodate the move .
came out in the press over there...

Stevie

Bench
We won’t chip in anything . Regardless of salary he’s already on our books and is great value in 25. However, if he gets a chance to get a long deal we won’t stand in his way from 25 I guess and we have 850-900 to spend on potentially a marquee player or at least improve quality of our 30.

Win win.

The Colonel

Immortal
We won’t chip in anything . Regardless of salary he’s already on our books and is great value in 25. However, if he gets a chance to get a long deal we won’t stand in his way from 25 I guess and we have 850-900 to spend on potentially a marquee player or at least improve quality of our 30.

Win win.
:rolleyes:

If he gets a three year deal he will still be entitled to the difference between the new deal and the $950,000 he is owed for next year regardless of the details of the release - the club will have to chip in. The same way the club has reportedly chipped in for RCG as well. It may not count on next years cap however if there is space this year if it happens in the next couple of weeks which would be why they are trying to get it done now rather than from Nov 1.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Win win.
There is no elite talent available for 2025.

It will basically be the scraps from other clubs.

I assume the plan is building more depth in the squad for 2025 instead.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Not sure moving on your 2024 captain, players player and coaches player as well as the Ken Thornett Medal winner inside a month of the end of the season will be greeted warmly if the team doesn't move forward next year. Gutho is pretty popular among a majority of fans and the players - keeping some of the other under performing peanuts and letting RCG and Gutho go is IMO not the right way to go but trust the process I guess. Allows us to reassess the playing group but you have to replace them with quality players - the quality available and the HOF's reluctance to pay them what they are worth are going to hamper that side of things.

Not convinced this is all from Ryles either - the talk midway through the season after comments made by Moses in regard to the split between the front office and the players suggests to me that the front office are trying to reaffirm who is in charge at the club. While ever Tweedledum, Tweedledee and Frank Ponissi are involved I am not convinced that we will ever reach the potential we can and should no matter who we get into coach.
The sooner the "Frank Ponissi of the West" gets out the joint the better off the club will be.

Can Benji do us a favour and get him home to Tigerland please.

While he is still here the stain of previous regime will always remain.

The Colonel

Immortal
There is no elite talent available for 2025.

It will basically be the scraps from other clubs.

I assume the plan is building more depth in the squad for 2025 instead.

Essentially it could be. They may well use some of the money available to clear more space against 2026 with further releases. They could also be negotiating with other clubs clearing players as well - Brimson, Kini and Campbell fullback logjam, Papenhuyzen/Faalogo or maybe even a player swap with the Dragons for Ben Hunt into the hooking role.

The Colonel

Immortal
The sooner the "Frank Ponissi of the West" gets out the joint the better off the club will be.
While either of Sarantinos and McElduff remain with the club he will have a job as they rely too heavily on him for advice. Those two need to leave first for FP to be shown the door.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well anyone signing them is basically like us signing Josh Hodgson.

They have peaked if they were playing for other clubs and never had played here & they came onto the market i probably wouldn't want to be chasing them if i was being brutally honest.
They were our two best players all season.

By a country f**ken mile...

Latest posts