What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
I think it’s almost a guarantee Gutho is at the dragons from 26

they want him for 25 no doubt

hunt wants to return to Qld and dragons are not offering him a deal for 26.

what do people think about offering dragons a player swap for 25. Gutho for Hunt who slots straight in at 9.

Iongi
Brown
Moses
Hunt

Would be one of the top spines in the comp.

hunt imparts some knowledge, skill and leadership on our up and coming 9s in prep for one to take over in 26

Chipmunk

Coach
I think it’s almost a guarantee Gutho is at the dragons from 26

they want him for 25 no doubt

hunt wants to return to Qld and dragons are not offering him a deal for 26.

what do people think about offering dragons a player swap for 25. Gutho for Hunt who slots straight in at 9.

Iongi
Brown
Moses
Hunt

Would be one of the top spines in the comp.

hunt imparts some knowledge, skill and leadership on our up and coming 9s in prep for one to take over in 26
Why would Hunt come for one season?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm interested to see what we get for our money by letting RCG and Gutho go.
We might get nothing for our money other than front loading contract extensions. We still have a squad good enough for the top eight, with few injuries. And Ryles will be under zero pressure next year either way.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They are all the attributes of a team that had become stale under the regime of a long term coach. These things were obvious 5 years ago.
Five years ago we made the finals for only the second time since 2009. We then went on to make the finals for four straight years for the first time since 2002.

Five years we weren’t ‘stale’. We were on the way up. Don’t rewrite history.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Whenever I used to mention player salaries, you always said I was exaggerating the amounts. Now you’re doing the same thing. What’s changed? The economy? You just argue for the sake of it and have a terrible memory—perfect for trolling.
The media exaggerates the amounts. I don’t claim to know how much anyone is on, but I do know the minimum and average salaries. It’s public information.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Five years ago we made the finals for only the second time since 2009. We then went on to make the finals for four straight years for the first time since 2002.

Five years we weren’t ‘stale’. We were on the way up. Don’t rewrite history.
It's not about making the finals....it's about making the finals and being geniune premiership contenders

Chipmunk

Coach
We might get nothing for our money other than front loading contract extensions. We still have a squad good enough for the top eight, with few injuries. And Ryles will be under zero pressure next year either way.
I think another poor season and the sharks (not neccessarily the ones in the Shire) will be circling for Moses.

I suspect that is a bigger risk also with Gutho's impending departure.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I think another poor season and the sharks (not neccessarily the ones in the Shire) will be circling for Moses.

I suspect that is a bigger risk also with Gutho's impending departure.
Good point. That is a massive worry. The team is built around him. If he leaves, we are absolutely f**ked and back in the doldrums for years...

King-Gutho94

Coach
Good point. That is a massive worry. The team is built around him. If he leaves, we are absolutely f**ked and back in the doldrums for years...
He won't leave

Ryles is going all in and giving Moses the full keys to the house by moving Gutho on.

You could argue Gutho's presence meant he has never had as much power as he will now.

If he did leave and bail on us in 2026 after the moves Ryles has made to basically give him the captaincy.

He is a bigger turncoat then Jamie Lyon.

RustedonEel

Juniors
He won't leave

Ryles is going all in and giving Moses the full keys to the house by moving Gutho on.

You could argue Gutho's presence meant he has never had as much power as he will now.

If he did leave and bail on us in 2026 after the moves Ryles has made to basically give him the captaincy.

When Gutho goes, Moses won't be far behind. If he can't see us being a title contender, he'll be out of here in a flash and who could blame him.

Avenger

Immortal
The media exaggerates the amounts. I don’t claim to know how much anyone is on, but I do know the minimum and average salaries. It’s public information.
I may agree with you, but all you really care about is getting into pointless arguments online about every little thing. And you have a f**king shit memory which is why you continually get exposed.

King-Gutho94

Coach
When Gutho goes, Moses won't be far behind. If he can't see us being a title contender, he'll be out of here in a flash and who could blame him.
If he is captain i cant see him leaving.

Anyway if were going to be a title contender its going to be up to him as much as everyone else if he is our highest paid player he should be winning us the close games when it's on the line

The Bulldogs loss this year was probably on Moses more then anyone else up by 8 against 12 men and he didn't take control like a 1.2mill halfback should have.

I hope Lomax takes the GK duties off him next year. It's one less distraction he needs to worry about.

Chipmunk

Coach
He won't leave

I suspect Moses is closer to Gutho than Ryles at present. He'll want to have a plan Moses is onboard with as a result of that, and be able to deliver on that plan.

Again, it's a high risk strategy.

Latest posts