What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Lemon Squash

First Grade
If he is captain i cant see him leaving.

Anyway if were going to be a title contender its going to be up to him as much as everyone else if he is our highest paid player he should be winning us the close games when it's on the line

The Bulldogs loss this year was probably on Moses more then anyone else up by 8 against 12 men and he didn't take control like a 1.2mill halfback should have.

I hope Lomax takes the GK duties off him next year. It's one less distraction he needs to worry about.

Might take the goalkicking off him but then we are going to burden him with the captaincy.

Not a fan of it tbh, I still think Moses can get flustered at times, I don’t think he needs the added pressure and responsibility.

Chipmunk

Coach
If he is captain i cant see him leaving.

Anyway if were going to be a title contender its going to be up to him as much as everyone else if he is our highest paid player he should be winning us the close games when it's on the line

The Bulldogs loss this year was probably on Moses more then anyone else up by 8 against 12 men and he didn't take control like a 1.2mill halfback should have.

I hope Lomax takes the GK duties off him next year. It's one less distraction he needs to worry about.
It will come down to whether we're winning, and whether he sees us winning comps in the short term. Otherwise, someone who is a better chance of winning a comp will pay him the same.

Incorrect

Coach
I think it’s almost a guarantee Gutho is at the dragons from 26

they want him for 25 no doubt

hunt wants to return to Qld and dragons are not offering him a deal for 26.

what do people think about offering dragons a player swap for 25. Gutho for Hunt who slots straight in at 9.

Iongi
Brown
Moses
Hunt

Would be one of the top spines in the comp.

hunt imparts some knowledge, skill and leadership on our up and coming 9s in prep for one to take over in 26
Orrrrr.... now that the 2 blokes who seemed to despise Reed most (RCG and Gutho) are basically off to greener pastures for 2025 and beyond.... Any chance that the Dogs get Hunt to play 9 (he has been linked there several times) and we welcome Rheed back in to the spine....

#contractspaperprintedonetcetc

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And like BA he could'nt get the job done. The difference being Smith had multiple attempts at multiple clubs and proved a failure at every one when it counted. It's hard to believe some of you guys put him on such a pedestal. Grade A Gold star failure, overhyped to buggery.

p.s. Apologies to Pou, I could'nt help it :p
As long as you’re not vilifying or aggressively singling any merkin out it’s fine

Chipmunk

Coach
We used 31 players in each of the past two seasons, and only 27 when we made the grand final. The problem wasn’t players 27 to 31, the problem was that we had to use them.
The problem was that we lost 5-6 players and they were replaced in the squad with inferior players.

Players 28-31 would've been irrelevant if the 5-6 players were as good as the ones we lost.

Tiger5150

Bench
Haven’t been in here as I’ve been neck deep in Bathurst. Just a comment on Harry Grant. If anyone thinks we are any chance of luring him to our club you are clearly needing a head assessment.

He’s captain of a wonderful club and Australian vice captain. He is absolutely no chance of leaving Storm.

no amount of money could temp him he’d be a 3 party dreamboat and WELL supported financially outside his salary because of his stature.
Wests Tiger#231

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You don't win premierships unless your top 4 in defence.

I thought it was pretty obivous

2020 in a shortened season and 2021 were the only year's we did that under BA.

2021 we still conceded 50 points in a game which means you can't win the comp and got 40+ multiple times so it's a really deciveing top 4
Twenty games (in 2020) isn't that much shorter, so hardly a slight on our defence that year. Every other team also only played 20 games before the finals.

The strong defence in 2020 and 2021 just shows that was our peak. 2019 we were on the rise and 2022 was the start of our decline. We made the finals in 2022 because we had more luck than the previous two years.

Latest posts